This is me

Options
Hi, my name is Laura. I am 55 years old and I live in Spokane Washington. This is my third time trying to post this, so hopefully I will make it through. I keep losing my post somewhere. So if I end up posting three times you know why.
I've been an emotional eater since easily the beginning of my school years. I come from a long line of emotional eaters, and burn the benefits or perceived payoff at a very early stage.
Looking forward to having a place I can come to when I'm feeling overwhelmed anxious happy sad are generally any other emotion it is causing me to want to eat. I'm also looking forward to meeting people who struggle with the same struggles and share the same successes that I do.
In addition to the emotional eating, a much related condition I suffer from is nighttime eating. I don't mean night time it is much that it's dark outside, but night time as in I've gone to bed and I get back up. I thought I had found the way to beat the nighttime eating. I started buying only foods that needed to be prepared. I avoided things such as cookies, chips, and other high-calorie food by buying foods that need to be prepared. I have no oven in my apartment, just a stove top, so cookies and cakes were out of the question. It didn't take away the chip option completely because I could make my own. But the time of heating up oil, especially since I was half awake, kept me from wanting to make chips in the middle of the night.
But then I started snacking on foods that were meant to be prepared in their raw state if edible, or I would try to make a version of whatever in the microwave. So although I've not completely given up night time eating it is better. I would just like to find a way to take it out of my life. Maybe having this forum to post a quick note on instead of getting up and fixing something will be the cure.
As for the emotional eating, every ounce of my being is hoping and praying that having this forum to type a message into or read an article or do something to keep me from getting up is the answer.
I loooove to cook! So it doesn't need to be an easy something, because I live to cook when I am feeling over emotional.
God Bless
Your new friend, Laura

Replies

• cutiepie63
    cutiepie63 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I’ve been emotional eater also would you like to be support buddies?
  • vtcottage2
    vtcottage2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I understand the nighttime eating.... It's a big joke in my family that I "sleep eat" instead of sleepwalk. Technically the same though... I eat when half awake in the middle of the night and sometimes can't remember it.