15-20 pounds loss.. anyone?

Options
Hi everyone! I was wondering to those who have lost 15-20 pounds.. (congratulations of course!!) what were YOUR main excercise / meal plans? Any tips?

Replies

• ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have lost 22 lbs. Exercise 6 days a week including 3 days of weights and monitoring my cals on here....I do eat most of my exercise cals back as well.
  • ColaSoBless
    Options
    I Have Lost 35 Thus Far ... Zumba ... Zumba ... Zumba
  • katemiddletonisawesome
    Options
    I actually lost 20.5 lbs, even though it says I only lost 17 (lucky me gaining 4 pounds before I really got serious about losing). I started off slow with yoga and kept to 1200 calories a day. When the numbers didn't drop as fast, I went back to the gym. 30-60 minutes a day on the elliptical machine.
  • _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I've lost 14 so far, almost there! I try to exercise for 30 minutes at least 3 days a week, ideally 5-6. I usually keep my calories around 1100/1200 a day. And I try to get my calories from relatively healthy sources, not fast food, etc.
  • ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    i started eating more chicken and started going to the gym at least 5 days a week. Two days are personal training and the other days are cardio.
  • Bellum24
    Bellum24 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    TURBO FIRE!! And eating naturally and healthy, I have tried to stay away from pre-packaged foods and fast foods, I eat at home and shop at organic farmers markets and stores. I have found that not only do I look better, but I feel better! My acne has cleared up, my IBS has mellowed out, and I hate so much more energy!!!!

Good luck on your journey!!
  • plutoniansmash
    Options
    Officially at 19, but we can round up to 20, right? ;)

Portions!! Learning to eat in portions was one of the best things I've learned! WHAT you eat matters too, of course, but it's so much easier to stay on track when you're allowed a portioned treat now and then. I don't eat red meat at all - fish, seafood, turkey, and chicken are it. Eating the majority of my carbs in the morning works well for me as well.

In terms of exercise... I train with my trainer twice a week, and try to get in for 40 minute sessions on the treadmill 2-3 times a week on top of that. :)
  • SydandPaigesMom
    SydandPaigesMom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have lost just over 19 lbs in 9 weeks.

For exercise I have been following the Turbo Fire prep schedule. I finished the 9 weeks and tomorrow I start the normal program. Also, because it's the summer, it's been easier to get out swimming, playing baseball, etc. But Turbo Fire has been my steady.

Food wise I have started eating breakfast, something I never did. I upped my water intake to at least 8 glasses a day, increased my protein, cut down on my sodium and started eating more veggies. lol not rocket science by any stretch...why couldn't I have done it earlier. I stay within my calorie goal most days and on days where i go over my sodium I make sure to have an extra couple glasses of water.

I have found that by visiting sites such as www.skinnytaste.com have given me great meal ideas that are healthy and taste great. I purchased the cook book 300 under 300 last week and it is such a great investment! Made the lasagna cupcakes last night and they are delicious! Both of my children gobbled them up.
  • wjkfloyd
    wjkfloyd Posts: 125
    Options
    Staying within my calorie range 1200-1430, 30-60 minutes of cardio 2-3x a week (elliptical and jog/walking on treadmill) and not depriving myself of a craving (as long as the next meal was very sensible. I also add salad every day with dressing measured out to the exact serving.

Good luck!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25 pounds and basically I ate better and did a combo of cardio/strength training.

To get the scale moving towards the end, I stopped eating bread and started eating more chicken/pork and veggies.

During the whole process though, I have pretty much eaten what I wanted when I wanted.. it was just smaller portions and modified(Ie. half the bread/no bread, fruit instead of fries or half the fries etc).
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I have lost 30 pounds, my tip is take one walk per day, drink lots of water, and try to eat foods from the outer isles of the store..
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Lost 49 now.....

When I started and lost my first 25 it was Cardio Classes and strength training!

Also ....Make sure your NET Calories (home page) is at least at 1200. I always thought the less that I ate the more I would lose!!!! I was so wrong! Its the biggest error people make!!!!!!

Eat good foods! Veggies, Fruit, good grains.......use this site to help you and gain the support...

Remember if you make a "bad" choice...its not bad.....you still have to live life!!!!!! Don't deprieve yourself!!!!!

Best of luck on your journey!!!! You got this!
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I have lost 15 pounds so far...working out 60 minutes a day/5 days a week (strength and aerobic). I have been keeping my calories between 1200 and 1300 per day. :smile:
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Food changes: I eat as clean as possible. I eat a salad nearly every day. I make my own dressings. My main source of exercise is water aerobics 4 or 5 x's a week and walking at a slow pace.

Side info: I eat out a lot. I have a very active social life and we often meet for breakfast, or dinner. However I don't do fast foods. I just planned and incorporated those foods into my meals. I went out to eat today and managed to only go over my fat by 8grams, everything else including sodium and sugar was under.
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    I lost 30 pounds.
    Ate 1500 calories daily (approximately) Nope didn't eat over that.

Was working out 5 days a week religiously!! I did body attack at the gym (it burns like 800 calories per sitting)...and also did weight training at home to some Billy blacks dvd (cardio sculpt)...and also did cardio dance at home with pump it up (great calorie burner like 600 per workout)....

for my meals...i ate real simple.

breakfast: cereal / oat meal/ protein shake (alternated- i get sick of protein shake fast)
    lunch: chicken wrap/ chicken sandwich/ chicken salad/ turkey sandwich/ something hearty and healthy
    dinner: similar to lunch
    snacks: i snacked twice during the day, sometimes more. I buy 150 calorie snack packs from marks and spencer ( i dunno if u guys have it where ure at )...they are amazing. they have things like chocolate flavoured popcorn etc. YUM!

and now my new fav thing is frozen yogurt...they are less than 300 cals per serve and taste better than ice cream (in my opinion)!
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Officially at 19, but we can round up to 20, right? ;)

Portions!! Learning to eat in portions was one of the best things I've learned! WHAT you eat matters too, of course, but it's so much easier to stay on track when you're allowed a portioned treat now and then. I don't eat red meat at all - fish, seafood, turkey, and chicken are it. Eating the majority of my carbs in the morning works well for me as well.

In terms of exercise... I train with my trainer twice a week, and try to get in for 40 minute sessions on the treadmill 2-3 times a week on top of that. :)
    ITA with portion control. Tonight I changed up and orders 2 appetizers. I had my salad with everyone else and then the 2nd app when everyone had their entree. Perfect size and I was full and satisfied.