To Lose, Or Not To Lose?

Options
I am reconsidering my weight-loss goals.
Why I shouldn't lose:
1. I am at a healthy weight of 110.
2. I already lost 7 pounds from my highest weight.
Why I should:
1. I was 102 before I developed binge-eating disorder and gained 15 pounds.
2. I know it sounds really shallow, but I think I looked better at 102. I have a naturally small frame.

I am really indecisive right now, and I appreciate your advice!

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    If you are at a healthy weight AND have an eating disorder, then no - you shouldn't be trying to lose.
    At your weight getting a regular exercise program going to strengthen and tone your muscles (not cardio, strength stuff) is most likely to give you the result you want.
    Really though, in view of your background I'd suggest that you get advice from a supportive professional who knows you, not us random Internet people :smile:
  • bree2012
    bree2012 Posts: 179
    Options
    If you are at a healthy weight AND have an eating disorder, then no - you shouldn't be trying to lose.
    At your weight getting a regular exercise program going to strengthen and tone your muscles (not cardio, strength stuff) is most likely to give you the result you want.
    Really though, in view of your background I'd suggest that you get advice from a supportive professional who knows you, not us random Internet people :smile:

But you see, I gained weight as a result of my eating disorder. Before I had any eating disorder, I weighed 8 pounds less than I do now. Thanks, though for your advice! I will ask my doctor about this next time I have an appointment.

I have decided what I want to do now. I will do what makes me happy. Silly question.
  • daryna13
    daryna13 Posts: 30
    Options
    Could you possibly say your height as a reference point? =)
  • daryna13
    Options
  • RickinNH
    RickinNH Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Do whatever your doctor recommends.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Good, I'm glad you are going to ask your doctor.
    Good luck!
  • bree2012
    bree2012 Posts: 179
    Options

I'm 5'3 BTW.
  • daryna13
    Options
    102 seems a bit low for 5'3 to be honest, that's at the very lowest range of healthy/borderline underweight...I think muscle tone would be a much healthier goal for you =)