My enough is enough moment

Options
(Not sure if this is the right forum...)
I’ve had a lot of “enough is enough” moments. But I wanted to share this one in order to introduce myself and make new friends
It was a few years back... my mentor who was older than me and generally bigger than me was losing weight because she was sick... so I was pretty big. And she had offered me her clothes, she never wore.
I was mortified. I couldn’t have gotten that big... Even though she got offended when I didn’t take them. I realized I was too big for my age and I had to do something about it...
Sooo here I am!!! Add me let’s be friends! Thanks!

Replies

• jdsass82
    jdsass82 Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I have a sister whom I am close to, but we are ten years apart in age. She's my big sister, and I've always looked up to her. We've both always been big girls, and last year, Sarah made the choice to take control of her health and lost 75ish pounds. She looks amazing and feels amazing. Sarah offered me her old jeans, and I cried because for the first time, she was really making a change to do something positive. I wasn't, and it HURT. I've put on weight because of a type of medication I'm on as well, and I'm at one of the highest weights of my life. I'm married to a skinny little dude too, and that motivates me to be a healthier wife for him.

TL;DR = Sister got skinny, but I haven't. Husband skinny, I'm not. Kicking my butt into gear.
  • Mirelle242
    Mirelle242 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Sis! I understand!!