TUNA??? Please help lol!

Options
EthanJeremiahsMama
EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
Hi everyone! So I hardly.. well ever eat tuna. I don't know what else that would make it taste delicious on wheat/grain bread besides... mayo -___- lol! Does anyone have any healthy recipes to a delicious tuna sandwich with NO mayo.. not even low fat mayo please! Thanks everyone :)

Replies

• kmac420
    kmac420 Posts: 24
    Options
    i just made some tuna dip! I mix 1 T. of tuna packed in water with 2 T of salsa, then use 5 mini cheddar rice cakes to dip. Fabulous, under 100 cals
  • Armillata
    Armillata Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've had a lot of success replacing mayo (which I don't like) with yogurt (especially Greek yogurt) or sour cream. Either of those would be lower calorie than mayo, especially if you used nonfat, and yogurt would give you extra protein and calcium.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Mix cottage cheese in it, trust me it's good!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    try plain yogurt instead of mayo, some chopped green onions, I use a spoonful of dill relish and a squirt of yellow mustard (cause I like the taste) you can put in whatever you like - I add peas if I have some laying around. Everyone in my family eats it and nobody notices its not made with mayo - can add chopped egg to it too if you have time delish on whole wheat toast
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    What about a plain yogurt? I don't care much for yogurt, but it might be alright... ?
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Italian dressing.
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    ok, NOT a tuna sandwich, but I have a recipe for tuna patties that my family love love loves... I'll post it, just in case you wanna try it!

Starkist - Chunk Light Tuna In Water (5 oz Can, Drained), 3 can
    Kellogg's - Special K Crackers Multi-Grain, 60 crackers, crushed in food processor
    2 eggs

mix all the ingredients, form patties about the size of the palm of your hand, fry them in a pan til brown on each side, with just enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan

78 calories per patty. And so yummy! they make great snacks cuz once they are cooked you can just pick it up and eat it with your hands, and they are still just as good rewarmed the next day!
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I always mix with Miracle Whip. Can't stand real mayo. Bleh.
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    In addition to plain yogurt, I've mixed in prepared horseradish, dijon mustard, and hot sauce. (I like my food spicy.)
  • TressaBarron
    Options
    I make a tuna salad, with tuna, avocado cut into cubes, tomato, onion, add lime juice, salt and pepper and a little cayenne or tabasco if you like it spicy. It's super delish! You can put it on a bed of greens if you like.
  • CarmenSox
    CarmenSox Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i like a lot pickles on my tuna sandwiches! I use the flat bread and they are always good to me. I like the cottage cheese idea, I will be trying that one!
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    funny you post this..you gotta trust me. /i eat it EVERY SINGLE DAY.

tuna in water
    brown rice
    sriracha japanese sauce
    teriyaki sauce

It is so delicious. It's low in calories, carbs and sodium and of course good for you and high in protein.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Use avocado or a tzatziki sauce in it
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I make tuna mayonnaise (you could use greek yoghurt) with wasabi, really really yummy
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I add sweet Relish to mine....if you don't like mayo give the greek yogurt a try (as someone suggested)

You can also just add some relish, green onions and celery.
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1815,151189-244205,00.html

This is more of a dip, but it is still awesome!

And yogurt instead of mayo sounds yummy too!!
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Sweet Chilli sauce!!
  • Bellum24
    Bellum24 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Try the cloverleaf flavored tuna's they are great!
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    i make tuna with yellow mustard and relish instead of using mayo.