new here...im so freaking fat!

Hi I'm new to all this but a friends recent success led med here.
I'm a sugar nut, love my fizzy and lollies...I need help with lower calorie alternatives...

How do I know what to set me calorie intake goal to?

Replies

• jamiealdridge02
    jamiealdridge02 Posts: 93 Member
    Welcome!! This site has helped me drop almost 20lbs! Go to myhome and the goals and you can use the guided goals and it will give you calories based on your activity levels and how much you want to drop per week. I've always used their guidelines and it seems to work well. Good luck and this is a great place!
  • There's always questions on whether or not to eat your exercise calories too - I found that I lose weight either way so long as I stick with the food plan. But, I lose faster if I don't eat the exercise calories.... So, once you find your proper plan, just make sure you add your exercise points in as well as all your food.
  • Hi I have been here for about 45days and I love this site. My Dr. turned me on to it. I would like to offer my friendship. I see you use stones. I am in the US so we use the pounds. All works out the same we need to loooooosssssee it.
  • bamn2010
    bamn2010 Posts: 12 Member
    Thanks ladies!

I'm from new zealand so I use kgs lol
    I had a meltdoen yesterday trying on clothes for my daughters baptism and first birthday on Sept 4th and was so disgusted I cried in the changing rooms, I don't want my memories of her birthday and baptism wrecked because I hate all the photos of me :(
  • escadachic
    escadachic Posts: 395 Member
    I so know that feeling. I had that feeling earlier in the year.

Calorie goal wise, just stick to what the food diary is automatically set too. And try balance things out. Try and eat low g.i foods if possible. As low g.i is great for weight loss and moods and mental health. But you really need to be consistent(which is the hardest thing) to see results. But do reward yourself on occasion. As that helps not to binge I find.