Chafing Question

Options
2»

Replies

• jonjaxmom
    jonjaxmom Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    The few times that this has happened to me, I applied some of the kids' diaper rash ointment to the affected area and it defininely helped.
  • BailTuck
    BailTuck Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Desitin like you put on babies is great also. It also heals the skin. I always get the creamy kind in a tube. Pretty cheap compared to glide. I've also used stick deodorant in a pinch.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    One more thing. Until the chafing heals, wearing boy short panties or even lycra gym shorts can help. I have these things called "tap pants" which are like loose legged nylon panties with 2" legs. I wear them if I am going hiking on a hot day to prevent chafing.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    One more thing. Until the chafing heals, wearing boy short panties or even lycra gym shorts can help. I have these things called "tap pants" which are like loose legged nylon panties with 2" legs. I wear them if I am going hiking on a hot day to prevent chafing.

I would second this, lyrca (& similar fabrics like modal) are extremely soft vs. plain cotton are less prone to friction burns. Lyrca & modal are very lightweight but have little wicking capacity vs. cotton (if you sweat a bunch, you will feel drenched/saturated with sweat wearing modal/lyrca). Acrylic socks are another good fabric for preventing chaffing
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I would think your clothing choices would affect this to some degree as well. Are you wearing leggings or more loosely fitting pants? What type of fabric? I think compression leggings would hold everything in and reduce or eliminate skin-skin contact.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses!

I wear compression leggings(I can't wesr pants that are too loose when I work out), and a loose t-shirt.

I managed to just use a little vaseline and my chafing has gone down greatly! I'm starting to think it was mostly caused by TOM accessories(a pad) but I'm not 100% sure. I will have to see if it happens again next month, and if so, I will have to just deal with it 🤷‍♀️
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!
  • grangerwa
    grangerwa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to run 7 days a week and got chafing on my inner thighs. Good old vasoline applied sparingly worked well.