Treadmill Running vs. Actual Running

1235»

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    mitch16 wrote: »
    I prefer to run & bike outdoors, but I would rather do this on a machine than miss a work out due to climate, conflicting priorities, etc. We sold our elliptical and purchased a nice treadmill last year along with a bike trainer. Whenever we have to be on a tconn, read through documents, or just be in the house with the kids.

I owe much of my resilience to my high school track coach who ran us snow, rain, or shine.

@CSARdiver--what brand of treadmill/model did you purchase? My husband and I have been looking and the internet searches yield very different results for "quality".

We bought a Sole F80 for Christmas last year - the 2017 model. Very nice - it folds up, very quiet, and runs smoothly throughout speed and incline. Had this one year with 2 adults and 3 kids using this daily.

How programmable is it from the app? Can you program a run (say C25K) or are you limited to the built in, normal programs?
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,257 Member
    I prefer to run & bike outdoors, but I would rather do this on a machine than miss a work out due to climate, conflicting priorities, etc. We sold our elliptical and purchased a nice treadmill last year along with a bike trainer. Whenever we have to be on a tconn, read through documents, or just be in the house with the kids.

I owe much of my resilience to my high school track coach who ran us snow, rain, or shine.

@CSARdiver--what brand of treadmill/model did you purchase? My husband and I have been looking and the internet searches yield very different results for "quality".

We bought a Sole F80 for Christmas last year - the 2017 model. Very nice - it folds up, very quiet, and runs smoothly throughout speed and incline. Had this one year with 2 adults and 3 kids using this daily.

How programmable is it from the app? Can you program a run (say C25K) or are you limited to the built in, normal programs?

I've never tried this, but will check this out and report back.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member

I've never tried this, but will check this out and report back.

You do that. I expect a detailed report, in triplicate, in my mailbox by Monday, Jan 14, 2019, 9 am PST.

(Thanks)