Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

8 week blood sugar diet

Has anyone tried this diet....what's your views ? Your health ? Weight loss ?

Replies

• sineadfoster925
    sineadfoster925 Posts: 19 Member
    7lb wow...well done, im needing to quickly shift some baby weight in time for my holiday, i started 2 days ago n lost 2lb but I'm starving, mostly at night/early morning, any tips ? Will it pass ?.
  • sineadfoster925
    sineadfoster925 Posts: 19 Member
    mywayroche wrote: »
    Started by a doctor eh? Do you know how many semesters are devoted to nutritional science for UK doctors? I do, it's zero

I believe this is actually a diet designed for obese type II diabetes patients, to be used under medical supervision with the long-term aim of putting the diabetes in remission (a family member was approached by their gp). It is then followed by a less-restrictive diet with lots of support from the diabetes team, and monitoring to help prevent / counteract the potential issues of such a low calorie diet (such as gallbladder issues). If the OP is referring to this specific diet, then it is categorically not designed for Jo Bloggs for wants to lose a few pounds. Not safe without support and will probably lead to rebound binging and weight gain without the significant support which is required.

Thanks for your response, I just see a guy on daytime tv promoting this diet and his book and wondered how it could work.
  • sendaraven81
    sendaraven81 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2019
    Good luck
This discussion has been closed.