cant lose weight....

Options
Ok so I only want to lose about 10 pounds and have been on here for a month. I watch my calories, never go over and I work out daily! Last week my friends and I did a challenge were we had to exercise and burn 500 calories and we could not eat those calories, I met the challenge each day and had at least 650 calories left over each day and after a week of that, I weighed in only to see NO change at all!!!! Frustrating! So our new weekly challenge is to eat fewer than 220 carbs, which I barely go over that, so I am setting my goal at 200. What else can I do to lose these stubborn pounds? Any suggestions?

Replies

• angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    It sounds like u may be under-eating..try to up it and have your net calories be 1200...
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    besides the scale, have you noticed any other change? you may be toning as well as losing so you don't see a difference on the scale.
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    if you open your diary (food then settings) I am happy to have a look and help.

I have only a little to go myself but have found the secrets to losing - I wanted to lose 9kg initially but so far have lost 12, when things settle down with my schedule I am confident of losing the last kilo within a couple of weeks - ive gone from not being able to lose weight easily to knowing exactly how to lose it from my experience here :)
  • billybiatch
    Options
    Just hang tough. If you are burning off more than you are taking in, you will lose weight. I've gone for stretches of a couple of weeks where the scale doesn't budge. Then it starts dropping like crazy for a few days. Try not to eat late in the day. Even if I have the calories coming, and I eat them late...the scale kills me! Keep rocking!
  • mvandommelen
    Options
    I feel good in my clothes for the most part, I am not fat, I know that. I think when I weigh myself that makes me more self conscious than if I would not get on a scale at all! I just want to tone up a little in my lower abs. It is frustrating tho
  • nelson6500
    Options
    If you are not eating enough calories, your body can go into starvation mode. This will keep you from losing because it stores the fats and calories. I didn't understand all of this and I thought if I excersized and stayed way under in calories, I couldn't help but lose weight. I didn't. After doing some researcha and talking to a fitness trainer, I realized what I was doing, now I stay around 12000 calories and the weight is coming off. If I burn a lot of calories through out the day, I supplement it with fruit or something healthy for a snack.

Good Luck..

10211350.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools