Not eating enough calories but I'm super full

Options
2»

Replies

• saintyagos
    saintyagos Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a lot of juices, sugary drinks and eat a lot of starchy vegetables like rice and potatoes instead of leafy greens and non starchy vegetables. My doctor suggested I eat low carb to help me bring down my weight as I am now almost 100 lbs overweight. I sit for most of my day so she also recommended that I reduce my caloric intake.
  • ShayCarver89
    ShayCarver89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Supplement. I keep Ensure in my house for days I can't eat enough.
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness for peanut butter :):)
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    saintyagos wrote: »
    I used to drink a lot of juices, sugary drinks and eat a lot of starchy vegetables like rice and potatoes instead of leafy greens and non starchy vegetables. My doctor suggested I eat low carb to help me bring down my weight as I am now almost 100 lbs overweight. I sit for most of my day so she also recommended that I reduce my caloric intake.

There's nothing wrong with starchy vegetables, rice and potatoes (potatoes especially have a lot of nutrients), the key though is to eat them in portion sizes that fit within your calorie targets.

The only thing that matters for weight loss is calories, macros ratios are more of a preference thing. Also, many people find that their health markers improve quite a bit when they lose the excess weight, regardless of what macros split they follow :)