Older women

Options
Hi !I am new to fitness pal.I can see this will be the key to me shedding pounds.I am 69 years old and walk 1.5 miles a day.anyone else out there my age?

Replies

• shayly70
    shayly70 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a couple years older than you at 73. I admire that you can walk a mile and a half a day. I'm having back issues that prevents me from walking for very long. I truly hope that once I shed a considerable amount of weight that will improve. I'm guessing you may have an interest in horses considering your site name. Hopefully we can help each other through our weight loss journeys.
  • plumedhorses
    plumedhorses Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply.yes I love horses .I used to have a ranch but my husband got lymphoma so we sold it.I broke all my horses to drive.I had a swan sleigh that was fun in the winter.
    I am on this journey now.it's time!I had a total knee replacement in aug.doing great with it but don't need the extra weight on it.Geesh weight is coming off SLOW lol
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Lots of vintage people here :) I'm 65 & walk 5 miles each day M-F. I lost around 50 lbs last year and am currently in maintenance. Haven't felt this good in years. Good luck with your weight loss journey. You can do this!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,432 Member
    Options
    I'm 63, a rower (boats when I can, machines when I must (like Winter :( )), and spin class participant, among other things. I've been pretty active since post-cancer-treatment in my mid-40s, but obese until 2015, when I lost around 50 pounds using MFP. Now in 3rd year of maintenance, still at a healthy weight.

MFP can work, and those of us old enough to know ourselves well, make a realistic plan, and stick to it patiently . . . we have an advantage.

Welcome, and best wishes!
  • spinnerdell
    spinnerdell Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm 72, short and sedentary. It took me five years to lose 70 pounds, and I've maintained that loss for two years. My overall health is much improved and my damaged knees function better with less pain.

All the best on your fitness goals!
  • plumedhorses
    plumedhorses Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    THANKYOU FOR POSTING YOURE REPLY!!I AM 70 AND HAVING QUITE A TIME AS I HAVE STALLED FOR ABOUT 6 WEEKS NOW....
  • TLCane
    TLCane Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I found the group for over 60, Yay! Hello everyone. I'm going on 61 years of age. Struggling to lose weight, seems to be the story of my life. I was down 40 lbs but have gained 13, since Covid19 and work from home. I am low on motivation to exercise, just too tired after work. I do get a walk in about once a week but I know that is not enough so most of my weight loss will be from diet.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I'll be 62 next month. Was "active" here back in 2013-2014ish. Fell off the wagon, gained back all the weight, quit MFP, happily ate anything and everything I wanted, but was recently diagnosed with "uncontrolled diabetes" and put on meds. I'm back. I'm losing. And we'll see in a few weeks if I've managed to lower my blood sugar levels. :) I don't get to walk every day. It's hot and I'm too lazy to drag myself out of bed early enough to go before work. However, I do try to walk more at work (inside where it's cool - yes, I'm a heat wuss) and I do try to get out on the weekends. I've dropped about 10 pounds since I rejoined, although my counter says a lot more because it's based on the last weight before I officially dropped out. I've got 50-60 more to go. It's a process.

Anyways, hello. :) All the best to all of you!