Tracking multi vitamin with food

Options
Anyone tracking their multi vitamin intake along with their meals? Do you add the vitamin as a food and just document that you take it everyday?

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I named one of my meals "supplements" and I log my vitamin there so I can see it in my micro-nutrients.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I just scanned the bottle and it came up in the database as a food, with all the nutritional information and everything. Since I track my iron intake I do log it.
  • stricklee11
    stricklee11 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I don't track my multivitamin intake but I do add the Vitamin C supplement I take every now and then since it's 25-35 calories depending on which brand I use.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I just add my fish oil and blackstrap molasses, as between the two of them they are 69 calories.
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Like someone said above, I renamed one of my categories "Vitamins" then I set them up as a meal. That way I can add them all at once. (I pre-plan my day, then change if something happens)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I don't track my multivitamin intake but I do add the Vitamin C supplement I take every now and then since it's 25-35 calories depending on which brand I use.

Must be sugar added. Likely that at 3,000 mg I'm taking more Vitamin C than you and there are no calories listed. It's just Calcium Ascorbate. I take it in warm water with blackstrap molasses which gives me 20% iron (I'm anemic) and the combination makes them less dreadful together than they would be alone, plus iron is better absorbed with vitamin C.
  • Spencerport
    Spencerport Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, I take a multivitamin and a B12 supplement in the morning with my breakfast.
  • dennys2000
    dennys2000 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Scanning the UPC worked! thanks