Today was a bad day..

Options
Went completely off the wagon today.. been in a bad mood all day which has lead to me me scoffing chocolate and ordering takeaway pizza, with zero tracking and calorie counting today.. now I’m worried it’s gonna take away all my effort from this past week.

Replies

• meritage5
    meritage5 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just get over it and start again
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a bad day every once and awhile. The best you can do is move past it and get back on track.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    S*%$ happens; just gotta get back up and on the wagon again!

I'm sure all of us commenting here have had those days where we either unintentionally or intentionally go way over our calories for the day. It happens. Sometimes it's planned (celebrations), and sometimes it's not (not being mindful). You've recognized this isn't something you want, so make sure you recommit yourself to your goals tomorrow, and learn from today. I think understanding what the trigger was for you will help you make a plan to avoid a repeat of today!
  • ShayCarver89
    ShayCarver89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Its ok. It really is. It happens to every single one of us. Just try to do better tomorrow.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, means a lot to have such a supportive community.

My cousins funeral was today which was abroad and I wasn’t able to go. My grandad is also very poorly with lung cancer , I’ve booked flights to go back home to see him in a few weeks and I just hope he can hold out. Partner and I also had an argument due to all the stress recently (made up now though), but yeah all that combined made me have a no care attitude today..

I’m back on track tomorrow, gym first thing in the morning and then going shopping with a meal plan in hand 🙌🏻

I'm so sorry that you were burdened with all of this today; that's a lot for one person to process and work through! I hope your travel plans are able come to fruition as well.

The gym and focusing on your plan will hopefully help you redirect your mind and energy away from all this stress; good for you for stepping back on the wagon, and moving forward with a solid plan. I hope the rest of today goes well for you!
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options

My cousins funeral was today which was abroad and I wasn’t able to go. My grandad is also very poorly with lung cancer , I’ve booked flights to go back home to see him in a few weeks and I just hope he can hold out. Partner and I also had an argument due to all the stress recently (made up now though), but yeah all that combined made me have a no care attitude today..

I’m back on track tomorrow, gym first thing in the morning and then going shopping with a meal plan in hand 🙌🏻

I completely understand. Thursday was the anniversary of my grandson's death. I also went "off the rails" a bit. I did log because I like to have the info, but otherwise I just moved on the next day. So sorry for your lost.
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    It will slow your weightloss but it is only one day. Log as best you can and continue on. Tomorrow is another day.
  • gcminton
    gcminton Posts: 170 Member
    Options

I'm sorry you're going through all of this at once. Deciding you're getting back on track tomorrow is a great way to handle having a rough day, and is a good sign that you really can do this.
  • julielunk94
    julielunk94 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just finished my 2 hours at gym today and feel in a better frame of mind today. I think I’d like to just eat 100 calories less than my daily goal for the next week so it balances out the damage from yesterday.