Do you count fruits and veggies?

2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    shilowindy wrote: »
    Hello all!
    I’m wondering if I should count my fruits and veggies in with my calories. When I did WW freestyle, we didn’t count fruits and vegetables, only the items they were cooked with or eaten with. I usually have them as a small side or for a snack. I’ve been counting anything I cook them in or eat with them (oil, peanut butter, cheese, etc) But didn’t know if I needed to count the fruits and veggies since I’m not eating a ton of them. Sorry if this isn’t very clear, midnight shift brain doesn’t like to form complete thoughts sometimes lol

WW isn't calorie counting...things like veg and fruit are "free" because they inflate the points of other items. Fruit and veg have calories. When I logged, I did log my fruit and veg though I wasn't as concerned about being completely accurate...like I just had a "garden salad" recipe in my recipe builder...it wasn't perfect, but it was good enough and I wasn't going to spend time weighing every little vegetable that went into my salad.
  • Slasher09
    Slasher09 Posts: 316 Member
    I count almost all of them. The only times I don’t is when I’m making my egg whites for breakfast..if I throw in 3-5 slices of raw mushroom and a couple pieces of baby spinach....I don’t sweat that as much, or I’ll estimate those because in reality it’s probably 5 calories or less lol. When I get closer to my goal or plateau I’ll probably tighten the reigns a little more on that
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited October 2018
    Yep... I eat 10-14 servings of fruit and veggies. You have to be honest to yourself.
  • RachellaJ
    RachellaJ Posts: 58 Member
    I count everything that has calories. So everything besides unsweetened hot tea and water. It all has calories and it all adds up.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Yep, I count everything, including my vitamins and supplements. If I have a mint after a meal out, that gets counted too.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Count anything you put in your mouth....nothing is free but water!
    Even veggies have calories.
  • lemannings
    lemannings Posts: 1 Member
    The good news is that if you record exercise, even walking, you are given more calories which cancels out the veggies and maybe even the fruit.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    lemannings wrote: »
    The good news is that if you record exercise, even walking, you are given more calories which cancels out the veggies and maybe even the fruit.

The bad news is that you've responded to a three-month-old post, so the people you're talking to probably aren't hanging waiting for some good news on the thread.
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    I log everything including mints, vitamin D3 supplements, and unsweetened tea. Not because it really makes a difference calorie wise but because it would annoy me to not be as thorough as possible. Plus in some cases it helps me to track other things, like whether I'm taking my supplement every day or if I'm drinking too much caffeine. With fruits and vegetables it's also a good way to keep track of whether you are eating enough of them.
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Calories matter, all of them. Some fruits can be quite high depending on size. That being said - I don’t log small dill pickles or capers cals just 1-5, but do log sweet pickles because they are higher. I also don’t log my gummy vitamins, which are prob 30 cals a day, but I take them each day.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member

The bad news is that you've responded to a three-month-old post, so the people you're talking to probably aren't hanging waiting for some good news on the thread.

Hey! It could have been 3 years instead. :p
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member

I think we are all at different journey points, I’ve actually enjoyed reading it.