What are you currently registered to run / race? (NYC Half / Full Marathon)

13»

Replies

• swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    I'm signed up for a century in early Feb, but I might just do the 60-mile option, depending on how my training goes. I've never done a century but that's my goal for this year.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    edited January 2019
    amykay9377 wrote: »
    Usually I have half the year planned out by now, but I've been in a slump...
    Celebration 1/2 Marathon in January
    Gasparilla 15k/8k Challenge in February
    Gate River RUn 15k in March
    5ks from April through October (North Florida is STUPID HOT)
    Unknown 10k or 1/2 Marathon in NOvember
    10k or 5k in December

Awesome I’m signed up for the celebration full marathon this month, hoping my leg quits acting up so I can actually make it! I understand about the weather... central FL over here, we haven’t had much of a winter 🙁.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    I've got a 12hour event in May, but I'll probably limit myself to 50K.

I've then got a marathon in June, although this one normally runs to about 28mi.

A half in August and a marathon in September.

I might do another marathon in October, I'm undecided. It's one that I can wait to enter, it closes about a week before the event.
  • corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    I sadly had to miss my first 5K of 2019 last weekend due to a knee injury. :( But the good news is my knee is finally feeling better and I was able to run 3 miles yesterday!

Right now I have scheduled:

Shamrockin' Half Marathon in Sacramento, CA -- March 17th
    American River Parkway Half Marathon in Sacramento -- April 27th

I had originally planned to run one race every month this year, but I may not in February due to my knee. I want to make sure I don't push it too hard so I can be perfect for March. Hopefully in February/March I'll be able to start to fill up my races for the rest of the year.
  • maurisha96
    maurisha96 Posts: 4 Member
    Napa Women's Half - March 24
    Delaware Women's Half - Sept 14

That's it so far!
  • daveredvette
    daveredvette Posts: 87 Member
    I got selected for the Chicago Marathon this October. I will also do a 70.3 Ironman this summer. This is why Santa gave me GU and Jelly beans.
  • NSthingoldline
    NSthingoldline Posts: 101 Member
    Still new to running but I am running in the Fallen Fathers' Memorial Run. This will be my third year.
    2017 = 5 km walk 2018 = 10 km run/walk 2019 = 10 km run (maybe the 15...who knows?)
  • ldigeorge
    ldigeorge Posts: 99 Member
    Anyone doing any Spartans / Mudders? I used to do them regularly, and miss them quite a bit sometimes. I could me persuaded to do a Super this year.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    edited January 2019
    So far this year I'm signed up for a half marathon on February 17th (Winterman) which I may dial back to a 10K as I've really slacked off on my running. A half-marathon in May (Ottawa Race Weekend) , 70.3 traithon at Mont Tremblant in June, Olympic distance triathlon in August (Cornwall), half-marathon in September (Army Run), a metric century ride in September (my annual fundraiser) and full marathon in October (Toronto Waterfront).....that's probably it for this year.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    spartan_d wrote: »
    Full trail marathon in Ohio

Which one? I am in Ohio and always looking for trail races. I might look into doing my first trail marathon this year.

Currently registered for Boston marathon in April and Chicago in October. Also planning to run the Cincinnati Cyclones Frozen 10K in Feb and Heart Mini half or 15K in March as well as a 14 mile trail run in Feb. Probably some other 5Ks, 10ks and halfs, but that is what is on the radar so far.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Upcoming race that I am currently registered for:
    1/26/19 = Miami Tropical 5K
    1/27/19 = Miami Marathon
    3/10/19 = ZOOMA half in Bastrop, TX
    4/6/19 = Wanderlust half in Fredericksburg, TX

Not registered yet but probably will later this year:
    5/4/19 = Wisconsin Marathon (mittens challenge part 1)
    5/5/19 = Kalamazoo Marathon (mittens challenge part 2)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    Sunday -- Today I ran my very first Half Marathon!!! 21.2 km.

Stats according to Strava
    Distance: 21.30km
    Elevation: 177m
    Moving Time: 2:51:15
    Elapsed Time: 2:53:17
    Pace: 8:02/km
    Calories:1,694

I had done four 10Ks in the past year, and so I figured I was ready. I signed up for the Cadbury Marathon and selected half marathon. Then I started training in earnest ... for about a week or so. December was an incredibly busy month and I wasn't able to get in as much training as I wanted, but I still tried to walk lots, run when I could, cycle when I could and climb stairs.

Fortunately I had 16 days off over the Christmas break and I was able to be active every day.

I ran a 12 km two weeks ago, and a 14.4 km last weekend. The 12 km went all right ... the 14.4 went all right while I was running, but I felt awful after. I'm actually glad that happened because it altered my strategy for the better.

This past week, I just walked in order to give myself rest.

Today, I was up at an absolutely unearthly hour of the morning (4 am), on the road by 5 am, and at the event by 5:45 am.

The marathon runners were set off at 6 am, and my event went at 6:30 am. My husband's event (5K) went at 8:45 am.

It was a perfect day ... blue sky and hardly any wind. The starting temp was 10C and it gradually increased to 18C by the end.

I followed my revised strategy which appeared to give me the energy to the end. Rather than running on an empty stomach the whole way, I was doing gatorade and water at the drink stations, and Gu Energy Chews along the way. I also ate about half an hour before the run. Fuel is good!

And then I settled into my pace and jogged.

My legs were cooperative until about 18 km when they decided they'd had enough of this nonsense, and that's when I started walking & jogging.

I finished in 02:51:11 which was faster than my estimate. I had guessed I'd be somewhere between 3 and 3.5 hours.
    AVERAGE PACE: 08:06
    OVERALL: 653 OF 694
    FEMALE: 342 OF 377
    F (50-54): 36 OF 39

A nice solid back-of-the-pack finish for my first half marathon!! :grin:

And my husband? He did his 5K in 46 minutes ... mostly jogging with a little walking. I was so proud of him. :)

We got our bags of chocolate and stuff from Cadbury, and great medals! We shared hot chips while watching the presentations for the top 3 of each event. Then we came home and slept for about 3 hours.

I'm quite stiff and sore, and I think my husband is too a bit. We'll see how I go walking briskly to the bus tomorrow!

But nevertheless, I'm thrilled to have done a half marathon!!