Do people actually like/eat Walden Farms zero calorie products?

There's a giant display of these products at my local store; I've been aware of them for a few years, but some of the products are....questionable to me. Like, how do you make a calorie free maple syrup? Alfredo? Fluff? I know it's full of artificial flavors, but...HOW????

Curious if people have tried these products and liked them. I myself will never take the plunge, but I am extremely fascinated by them.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I've tried a couple. The jam was tolerable. Otherwise, no.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Sometimes.. depends on the product...
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    I liked a couple of the salad dressings and I'm debating on trying the grape fruit spread...

The chocolate sauce sucked.
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    edited January 2019
    I've only tried the pancake syrup and didn't care for it. I haven't chanced anything else.
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    The maple syrup is ok, I use it as a sweetener more than anything. Tried it on a waffle once and the flavor was there but not substance to it like real maple syrup lol
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    They are mostly a waste of money; most products are just thickening agents & salt & overall very poor substitutes for real food. One of the few exceptions would be some of the salad dressings being ok (bacon one stands out in my mind)
  • TheFlyOnTheWall
    TheFlyOnTheWall Posts: 61 Member
    I like the blueberry, pancake, and caramel syrups - I put them on my cheesecake, angel food cake (crazyravr's recipes) and oatmeal
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    I liked a couple of the salad dressings and I'm debating on trying the grape fruit spread...

Agree with you on the dressings. The chocolate sauce actually works really well in coffee to make a low calorie mocha. It is pretty bad on its own.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,285 Member
    I found that the dressings never adhered to the vegetables. It was like "Magic Sand". Vegetables came out of the dressing "instantly dry" and I had a pool of dressing at the bottom of the bowl.
  • erjones11
    erjones11 Posts: 422 Member
    Simple sugar free maple syrup almost any brand at 20 calories 1/4 cup is so much better.
    CowboySar wrote: »
    The maple syrup is ok, I use it as a sweetener more than anything. Tried it on a waffle once and the flavor was there but not substance to it like real maple syrup lol

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    earlnabby wrote: »

Agree with you on the dressings. The chocolate sauce actually works really well in coffee to make a low calorie mocha. It is pretty bad on its own.

This was ages ago but I think I used it to make chocolate milk and probably drizzled it over ice cream and mixed that puppy up like I used to with vanilla ice cream and nestle's quik.
  • Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    I would much rather use sugar free Mrs. Butterworths and fat free dressings as low calorie alternatives. I’ve tried most of the dressings and the chipotle one actually left sores on my tongue... not sure what that was about. I haven’t tried the peanut butter but I think the online reviews speak for themselves. Reconstituting powdered peanut butter provides a lower calorie alternative although not as creamy.
  • deblc1981
    deblc1981 Posts: 7 Member
    I like the pancake syrup, the blueberry is pretty good. Also, the chipotle ranch is decent. The pasta sauce and alfredo sauce was horrible.
  • admaarie
    admaarie Posts: 4,297 Member
    The pancake syrups are decent. I haven’t tried anything else and don’t really feel compelled too.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited January 2019
    I LOVE the pancake syrup, honey dijon dressing, and jellies! I also like the caramel spread.

The chocolate is just OK, but has a weird taste to it. I like some of the other dressings, but most are disgusting. The ranch, ceasar, and bacon ranch are disgusting. Stay away from the "peanut butter". The best dressings are the honey dijon, balsamic, italian, and ginger.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member

I love the grape fruit spread! But honestly, it isn't worth it compared to just buying sugar free (5-10cal) for half the price, lol. So I only buy occasionally.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited January 2019
    Sugar free pancake syrup and sugar free jellies are so few calories that I've never bothered trying the Walden Farms versions.

I wasn't particularly interested in any other products.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I despise pretty much everything sugar free. I always get a chemical aftertaste.
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    I use the pancake syrup and the raspberry jam but that is about it
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Do NOT get the 'peanut butter' concoction...It tastes like sludge.

I got it a while ago to try and had to chuck it...and I NEVER waste food. But I didn't feel too badly about it, after all it shouldn't be listed as a food anyways!