Getting more protein in and less carbs.. HELP!!

I’m sticking to not going over calories and working out hard however not shifting weight that well.. I think prob is I’m going over carb allowance and only hitting protein allowance no more than half everyday.. any tips on cutting carbs but upping protein. I do use protein powder but get bored of shakes xx

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    If your calories are on point, your macros won't keep you from losing weight. I ate 200 ish carb grams daily while losing weight and now maintaining.

How long have you been on plan, how much weight have you lost, and how much total do you have to lose?

Having said all that, protein is important. How many grams are you typically getting?
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I agree with kimny and would ask the same question, but the easiest way to adjust your carb and protein macros is to eat larger servings of foods that are primarily protein, and smaller servings of foods that are primarily carbs.

If you have a meal or snacks that are mostly carbs, you might want to think about adding in something that has more protein with that meal. I find it easier to spread my protein intake across my 3 meals.
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    I agree with all above, and I am on low carb. Being a type 2 diabetic being low carb really helps me keep my blood sugar under control. Protein really is not that hard, depending on what one likes to eat. I am not saying powders are bad at all. For example one of my all time favorites is I throw a couple pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts in crockpot, with some low sodium broth. Heck half the time I use beef broth, mince up some garlic, season with whatever I like and let it slow cook for about 8 hours. And there you have shredded chicken that you can do so many things with. And lots of protein per serving and very little work. Yogurt, most cheeses, many different types of fish lots of protein. But carbs are needed too.
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,003 Member
    I've started eating Skyr yoghourt. 150 gram serving gives me 6 grams carbs and 16 grams protein for 95 calories.
  • twdlove89
    twdlove89 Posts: 95 Member
    Kvarg yoghurt is amazing, high in protein, low in calories and they fill you up!
    Try adding fat free Greek yoghurt to your shakes, it makes them thicker and adds more protein