Sexy in Six Challenge - PURPLE Team (CLOSED GROUP)

Options
Good morning Purple Team - Here we go!!!!! Game on!

Replies

• arcticbear
    arcticbear Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    So, we might begin by getting to know each other! We need to remember to add each other as friends too.... We are not all in the same time zone, so that will make things interesting.
    Anyway, I live in the UK - in Bath - I'm a teacher in a primary school. It's the holidays at the moment so I've been really focusing on losing weight, and was just about to give up when the challenge came along! I started off at over 250lb and am now 242.6lb. I love the way I am feeling thinner - but it is tempting to deceive myself, the fact is, if I was younger, people might ask me when the baby is due.....
    I think my main problem is I get terrible munchies in the evenings - any ideas how to cure that? The other day I bought a huge watermelon - by huge I mean ENORMOUS - I got my son to carry it home for me! Gradually I am munching my way through it, but even watermelon can become a bit lacking in 'munch' quality, if you know what I mean.....
    So, that's me - anyone else?
  • persanta
    persanta Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Oooooh I am so looking forward to this challenge - how exciting!!

My downfall is wine :( and even harder as me and my husband make our own wine so there is always a plentiful supply in the house.

Look forward to meeting and supporting fellow team members Go Purple :flowerforyou:

Feel free to add me as a friend fellow purples and I will do like wise!!
  • j99li
    j99li Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! This will definitely be interesting challenge :) Im from Ontario Canada. Im so close to hitting Onderland cuz when I stepped on the scale this morning, it said 200.6! However, Im about to go out for the day with my bf and there has been so many cravings! haha I hope I wont go up :(

As for the munchies at night, I tend to chew gum or I brush my teeth to avoid having to brush again which prevents me from eating
  • sakus32
    sakus32 Posts: 101
    Options
    GOOD MORNING ALL!!! I believe that I have sent a friend request to everyone on team Purple. I live in Pennsylvania in the area famous for the Little League World Series (going on right now). I have just started my last semester of nursing school and will sit for my boards in either December or January. I also work three part-time jobs, I have two young kiddies, one three and the other is starting kindergarten. I am married to a man who is very supportive of me and ALL my en-devours, which is very helpful in being able to accomplish anything. I weighed in at 272 when I delivered my son 5-years ago. That is my all time high and I count it because I ate myself stupid. I lost all that and then some and was 240 or so when I delivered my daughter. Did not lose that easily and began my weight loss journey at 232 or 236. In July of 2010 I weighed 190 - became seriously ill and hospitalized and lost another 10lbs, but my eating and exercise routines had been horribly disrupted. I managed to stay around 180 until January-February of 2011, but gained 27lbs, Currently I am at 203, so I am down 4, but my exercise and eating habits have gotten back on track and I am feeling much better and look forward to seeing the scale go down, down, down.

I love to run. Its the exercise I love most. I force myself to diversify and do strength. When I do I use bodyrock.tv which is a free web site hosted by Zuzana. She is incredible and her routines are ball busters, oh and did I mention they are free, LOL

Looking forward to getting to know all of you and watch the LBS fall off :)
  • arcticbear
    Options
    Sakus - that is an impressive story! I'm just curious, was your all time high weight before or after delivery? (I don't really think you should count the baby!!!!)
  • kristyann86
    kristyann86 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    this is gonna be long- sorry in advance lol

hello everybody! i'm kristy. i joined mfp this past february (i think) weighing in at 173. i'm 5'4" so that put me at overweight. anyway, i lost 23 lbs by the end of may. I'm also a teacher (elementary music education) and living in mississippi (being the top obese state in the country) our school decided to have a weight loss challenge. we each put up 5 bucks and the winner after the month would receive the cash prize. i won one month and won 55 bucks so that was awesome! i won with 6 lbs lost. mfp was a big tool in that process. however when summer started, i had no schedule. i was home all day and didn't have time but to eat. the first half of summer i tried to keep my routine up but by the second half of summer, i slid. but now that school is in session and i have a schedule and a kitchen is not in my grasp most of the day, i feel confident about losing the rest of this weight.

this is how i'm gonna do it:

1200 cals (THAT'S IT!) a day

cardio every day except sunday (gotta have at least one rest day for body to regroup) for one hour
    -i like leslie sansone's walk at home challenge

as much water as possible. it's hard for me to get the full 8 cups. sometimes i have to force it down and it makes me feel full and bloated. i usually get in 4 cups a day, so i will work on drinking a lot more

last time i felt soo good about losing the weight i decided to try and build a little muscle by eating my exercise cals back and it didn't work for me. so i'm not breaking this routine. once i've gotten down to my goal of 120 then i'll think about adding musicle.

so that's me so far. really pumped about the challenge and seeing incredible changes for everyone!
  • kristyann86
    Options
    oh yeah....

LET'S GO TEAM PURPLE!!! (couldn't think of a slogan to rhyme with purple lol)
  • smte
    smte Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Shanna and I live in Colorado. I'm a SAHM with three daughters, ages 7,4 & 2. I've always wanted to lose weight, but it just never worked out. About a year and a half ago, I gained 15 pounds, and have no idea why....and I gained it fast. I started a weight loss challenge and lost 16 pounds. I was really happy about it, but couldnt lose those last 5 lbs that I wanted gone. Basically, I got frustrated and depressed because the scale wouldnt move - I was stuck for nearly 6 months. I tried changing daily calories, changing exercise routines, ect. Nothing worked. Then, I started gaining the weight back again. I was still logging calories, exercising, ect, but the weight kept going up and up. So, in a two month time period, I gained nearly 20 pounds (sigh). I ended up deleting my MFP account b/c I couldnt do it anymore, I was so upset. I needed a break, time to step back. Plus, I was spending too much time on MFP reading threads trying to figure out what was wrong w/ me! So, here I am...again! Ready to go and get rid of this weight. I know I can do it, I did it last year, it's just very frustrating that the weight came back and so fast. I want it gone for good!

So, Team Purple, good luck to everyone and let's help eachother get through this!
  • arcticbear
    Options
    Shanna - I know what you mean about following threads! And it burns up 0 calories, but my, doesn't time fly? ! Perhaps we should restrict ourselves to just our group?
    So yes, Go TEAM PURPLE!
  • sakus32
    sakus32 Posts: 101
    Options
    ummmmm, It was after . . . . . i remember being really depressed b/c I thought the weight would vanish like magic after the baby was born . . . . .LMAO, how naive :)
  • kristyann86
    Options
    i know women whose weight does disappear the first couple weeks....makes me sick...so not fair haha
  • zaiikaa
    zaiikaa Posts: 112
    Options
    Hi Team,

I joined MFP in May but went off the wagon for two weeks (family visiting and vacation). I joined to get healthy with a side goal of losing 10lbs, which I gained during my last semester of school. I've been back at it for a week. I've lost about 5-6lbs so far overall since joining, even with the two weeks of failure.

I walk, jog a tiny bit, stationary bike, elliptical, and do ballet once in a while. I recently moved to Michigan and am currently looking for a job. My BF is in school here.

I LOVE sweets, and hit bad cravings every single evening. I try to power through and when 9pm rolls around I brush my teeth in an attempt to not eat any more for the day. I've often said I'd rather drink Pepsi than eat food, but I've been off of it since I joined in May.

Go team purple!
  • tjutrostina
    tjutrostina Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

So glad to be a part of the Purple team! I'm Tina and I come from Singapore, which puts me on the opposite side of most of your timezones. I've been trying to lose weight for as long as I can remember. Been on almost all kinds of diet, but while they help me lose weight in the beginning, all the lost weight (plus more) returned with a vengeance.

My biggest weakness is INDIAN FOOD! I love it, and truth is, there really isn't alot of healthy options in an Indian spread. Briyanis, curries, rotis...I could eat it non-stop. But, of course, I'd regret it later. So, it's an area that I really exercise firm control in now.

With a wedding this December, I am determined to be fit and healthy to start a new life, and of course, who am I kidding, I want to fit into that dress and look good!

So, let's get this going girls!!!
  • tjutrostina
    Options
    Challenge starts tomorrow, and I'm sooooo excited!!!!
  • zaiikaa
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

So glad to be a part of the Purple team! I'm Tina and I come from Singapore, which puts me on the opposite side of most of your timezones. I've been trying to lose weight for as long as I can remember. Been on almost all kinds of diet, but while they help me lose weight in the beginning, all the lost weight (plus more) returned with a vengeance.

My biggest weakness is INDIAN FOOD! I love it, and truth is, there really isn't alot of healthy options in an Indian spread. Briyanis, curries, rotis...I could eat it non-stop. But, of course, I'd regret it later. So, it's an area that I really exercise firm control in now.

With a wedding this December, I am determined to be fit and healthy to start a new life, and of course, who am I kidding, I want to fit into that dress and look good!

I LOVE indian food, too! Well, I love food in general I think. :-\ My fave ethnics are thai, cuban, indian, and all the fattening japanese foods, like chicken katsu and tempura.

Just got up and having some toast and a GIANT class of water. I love days when I wake up late because it means less time between breakfast and lunch... sad.
  • tjutrostina
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I LOVE indian food, too! Well, I love food in general I think. :-\ My fave ethnics are thai, cuban, indian, and all the fattening japanese foods, like chicken katsu and tempura.

Just got up and having some toast and a GIANT class of water. I love days when I wake up late because it means less time between breakfast and lunch... sad.

Oh my goodness! Looks like we have the same favourite foods! And yes, I love work days too, cos I stop thinking of food during the hours in between. :P
  • tjutrostina
    Options
    this is gonna be long- sorry in advance lol

hello everybody! i'm kristy. i joined mfp this past february (i think) weighing in at 173. i'm 5'4" so that put me at overweight. anyway, i lost 23 lbs by the end of may. I'm also a teacher (elementary music education) and living in mississippi (being the top obese state in the country) our school decided to have a weight loss challenge. we each put up 5 bucks and the winner after the month would receive the cash prize. i won one month and won 55 bucks so that was awesome! i won with 6 lbs lost. mfp was a big tool in that process. however when summer started, i had no schedule. i was home all day and didn't have time but to eat. the first half of summer i tried to keep my routine up but by the second half of summer, i slid. but now that school is in session and i have a schedule and a kitchen is not in my grasp most of the day, i feel confident about losing the rest of this weight.

this is how i'm gonna do it:

1200 cals (THAT'S IT!) a day

cardio every day except sunday (gotta have at least one rest day for body to regroup) for one hour
    -i like leslie sansone's walk at home challenge

as much water as possible. it's hard for me to get the full 8 cups. sometimes i have to force it down and it makes me feel full and bloated. i usually get in 4 cups a day, so i will work on drinking a lot more

last time i felt soo good about losing the weight i decided to try and build a little muscle by eating my exercise cals back and it didn't work for me. so i'm not breaking this routine. once i've gotten down to my goal of 120 then i'll think about adding musicle.

so that's me so far. really pumped about the challenge and seeing incredible changes for everyone!

I've got a problem with drinking 8 glasses of water too. I tend to drink 4 cups, and then try my very best to down 2 more before I go to bed. So, maximum is 6 for me. Hopefully, I'll get to work my way up to 8.
  • zaiikaa
    Options
    I went to Sam's Club but managed to do OK. I shared a slice of pepperoni pizza with my other half (not healthy, but at least it was only half), and then we scored with the free samples! I'm definitely going to Sam's Club every Sunday now. They had a fresh fruit station w/ 4 types of fruit samples, Lara bar samples (!!!), free bottles of water w/ flavoring packets, steak fajita burritos. Awesome to get a taste of yummy foods without *too* many calories. Added up to a pretty satisfying lunch.
  • SiyaL8R
    SiyaL8R Posts: 17
    Options
    Hello ladies,

Pleasure to meet you all. My name is Adia (and I am so sorry for posting late), but I just got back from a weekend at a friend E's house in Philly. She just lost a lot of weight and looks fabulous so my friend E is my motivation. I have a hard time making time for exercise and being consistent. I grew up athletic and played tons of team sports. Never really got into running or going to gym on my own, so I am trying hard to learn new habits at 31. I gained most of my weight in college and then lost it and then gained it all back them some while I was teaching and coaching. In grad school, the Boston winter and me, did not agree and I put on even more weight. Lost 30lbs last year then gained it all back again last fall again...depressing. when I topped out at 222. Scared the crap out of myself. So here I am trying something new and hoping this time I don't let fear and bad habits get the best of me.

My weakness is eating out since I have a super busy schedule and live in a foodie city. So I've switched to salads and chicken salad sandwiches. I love to cook when I am home and I am trying to cook lighter and healthier. I super psyched to be doing the challenge and to celebrate I am wearing my purple night shirt.

Looking forward to winning! Go team purple!
  • NicholeAJ
    Options
    Hi,
    Does anyone know if I'm on the purple team, I think so. Was I suppose to get an e-mail. Sorry for the dumb question!

thanks!