Lost 41lbs so far,desperately want to lose 30 more

Options
Ive been exercising again.i lost 41 lbs over a year ago and managed to keep it off excusing minor fluctuations.i generally eat what I want because with my job in road construction i burn plenty of calories to maintain my weight....problem is during my off season I have to diet and exercise to maintain I don't enjoy dieting and what makes it harder is knowing I'm not only trying to maintain but also lose weight.looking for motivation,tips,friends.i feel maybe I'm trying so hard that I'm getting in my own way I'm trying out my own a high protein diet and trying to keep my calories around 1300 when I'm not craving food,my daily allowance is just under 1700 cal a day and I'm exercising on average 500cal a day on treadmill to try and get ahead and lose some extra weight per week. Opinions are more than welcome.

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    If your daily allowance is 1700 why are you eating 1300? No wonder you hate dieting!!

Unless you find the numbers are just totally off over a long period of time, you should be eating the 1700 PLUS what you burn in exercise.

• dashiznit90
    dashiznit90 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to create a calorie deficit in order to lose more weight.im not starving myself,I'm getting my nutrition requirements and I don't see any sense in eating more than i need if im not hungry.im "hating" it because I'm used to eating anything my heart desires at work because of my job being physically demanding I'm used to consuming 3500cal a day and maintaining my weight.its impossible to eat healthy food and meet my calorie/hunger demands during the work season so I have to try losing weight in the off season.
  • dashiznit90
    Options
    In in a nutshell if losing simply 2lbs a week as the app is set at I may as well not try because my goal is a 2 year goal at that rate.im trying to achieve my goal before I return to work
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    For a male, you are severely under-eating. 1500cal is the minimum for men, and some of your diary entries are running some huge deficits. MFP gave you some generous daily totals, try some more calorie-dense options. You really should not be eating 1300cal a day. Too large a deficit is going to result in more muscle loss then you're going to want.
  • dashiznit90
    Options
    Muscle loss ?Even though I'm exceeding my protein requirements and getting stronger and better endurance every day.i feel great just feel like my weight is at a standstill
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    Options
    Yes, like I said you're running some big deficits some days according to your diary. Long term that's going to be hard on the body. And with 30lbs to go 2lbs/week is not an appropriate goal anyway. How long has it been since you saw a weight drop?
  • dashiznit90
    Options
    A week.its fluctuating +/- a pound my only thought was muscle gain because like I said I'm seeing significant improvements as far as endurance with my cardio and reps when lifting
  • dashiznit90
    Options
    My first week back dieting I lost 5lbs
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    Options
    A week is FAR too early to tell if what you're doing is working or not. Give it at least a month, weigh everything, double check entries (make your own especially for homemade meals). It's also unlikely you're gaining muscle, you don't do that in a deficit and building muscle is an entirely different process. You're making better use of what you have, which is great, but odds are you're not gaining new muscle. Your 5lbs first loss was likely a lot of water weight. Don't expect that to be normal, even 2lbs is going to be a little much with 30lbs to go.