Can you lose weight eating sweets

Options
I’m just wondering if alls you eat us chocolate or crisp or junk food but stay under your recommended calories for the day can you still lose weight? I’ve had days where I have just eaten junk and woke up thinner the next morning

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I’m just wondering if alls you eat us chocolate or crisp or junk food but stay under your recommended calories for the day can you still lose weight? I’ve had days where I have just eaten junk and woke up thinner the next morning

Yes
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Absolutely
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I can even control diabetes eating sweets. It is all about portion control and the overall diet.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    I generally make a little room for them and did while losing also. If you really like them and deny yourself, it's not unusual to go overboard with them at some point. Doesn't happen to everyone. But if you really like something, I think yo are better off fitting it in so you can keep the weight off eating pretty much the same stuff for the foreseeable future. I am over 10 months into maintenance after losing over 65 pounds, BTW.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options

Yes, but it may not be sustainable and is not healthy if that is a common day for you. But certainly you can have a diet that includes some sweets and other less nutrient dense foods, or an occasional day that isn't nutritionally great, so long as it doesn't mentally throw you off track.
  • bluesheeponahill
    bluesheeponahill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    yes, but like others, it's not sustainable or healthy. its all in moderation. I don't deny myself treats, but i remind myself I had a chocolate bar not 2 days ago, i probably don't need it again today do i? When we go out for lunch as a family, I definitely dive into the desserts, cos I'll never have that at home. but we only go out once a month, so i think its all about just moderation, and being mindful about how often you're having it. sometimes, I have a super bad day, ill go buy this massive packet of chips (kids driving me up the wall) sulk and eat and i'll be over my calorie intake, yet, still lose weight. its important to eat healthy fresh food though, and changing it up isn't bad. so the occasion chips is fine, but do it too often you body works out what you're doing and it stops working. if you really want that chocolate, get the smallest size and limit that rather than a large chocolate bar. you can have it, just not the whole block :)
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate every day, but that isn't the only thing I eat. You can eat whatever you want within your calorie goal and still lose weight, but if you're concerned about health, you probably want to balance your sweets with more nutritious foods.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

Yes, but you would be hungry and not healthy.

Also your weight doesn't immediately respond to your actions the next day. When you wake up and weigh yourself, you are seeing the result of what you have done for several days, not just yesterday.

Yep. After a crazy high calorie day with calorie dense foods, the next morning you will have about as much in your gut and system as the day before on average. It's on succeeding days when you start having surplus adding up that it starts getting stored away.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Yes but I don’t feel good and eating junk often won’t help me reach my recomp goals
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    Yes, but that doesn't make up the bulk of what I eat. I think it would be very hard to allot all your calories to sweets and stay within a calorie goal set for loss without feeling hungry most of the time, much less meet your nutritional needs for protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.