Newbee hoping to actually stick with my diet

Options
My name is Katie and im 23 and my husband is deploying to afganistan in a week. We have a 9 month old baby boy and ive gained 40 lbs and i told him and myself when he comes back in a year i will be 40-50 lbs less and lookin hot for him. Hoping I stick with this and my mom is gonna help once i get back home. Wish me luck

Replies

• McHirt
    McHirt Posts: 3
    Options
    You can do it! One day at a time! :)
  • malmustafa79
    malmustafa79 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Im still trying to lose the last of my baby weight too.
  • Dolphingirlie81
    Options
    I wish you all the best and good luck. Best wishes to you and your family and pray your husband a safe deployment. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • daynalee30
    Options
    Hi Katie! Welcome to MFP and good luck on your journey! I'm 24 and my youngest son is 9 months old as well. Feel free to add me for extra support and motivation! :)

All the best!
    Dayna
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck!
    My best advice is to not "hope" to stick with it, but just to record everything you eat regardless of if it's a healthy choice or not.
    We all make choices that are not the best from time to time, but this doesn't mean that you've failed and have to give up, it just means you need to make a better choice next time.

Starte eating better and doing some exercise,don't panic about being on a "diet" and you will be thinner, healthier and ready to wow your DH when he comes home :)
  • cgd67
    cgd67 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Thanks to you both for your service! Godspeed!
  • Ktrae43
    Ktrae43 Posts: 2
    Options
    thanks everyone
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    In the words of Rob Schnieder, "YOU CAN DO IT!!!" This site is easy to stick to... especially if you can download it to your cell. Good luck on your journey
  • Gdzgal771
    Gdzgal771 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    hi newbie!! my heart goes out to you as your hubby is deployed--but what GREAT motivation to get that weight off!! u want to be healthy for yourself and your family..RIGHT?? u will find many caring, encouraging and supportative people here. feel free to add me as a friend..GOD BLESS and YOU CAN DO THIS!!! :smile: :smile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • DaveShoreshe
    Options
    Thank you BOTH...
    I wish you luck... first thing... stop calling it a diet... It's not... it's a new way of life! This is something you can/ should stick to the rest of your life, not just until the weight is lost. That's what a diet says to me. "Once I lose..."... no.. it's about setting goals.... hitting those goals and setting new ones!!! I know you can do it! You signing up shows the commitment! Follow through on that! ;-)