New friends and advice

Options
Well hello everyone

Looking for new friends on here so please feel free to add me - we can succeed together ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Has anyone tried / currently doing the fasting diet? Where you eat for certain hours per day then fast for the rest? Seems to be a simple effective diet that we can all do? Iโ€™m trying it as of now โ˜บ๏ธ

Replies

• JaniceVACPA
    JaniceVACPA Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It's worked great for my 17YO son. He eats only from noon to 8PM and tries to stick to healthy foods. He's down about 30 pounds and isn't having a hard time with it.
  • hixa30
    hixa30 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I did a 23 hour fast, it was pretty easy, but I needed to eat in the morning, I couldn't delay eating until the afternoon after waking.

Although it's easy enough to do, I can see it clashing with events which come along in your life. I found swapping from regular eating to 23 hour fast took a few days, meaning I was hungry more than normal for those few days.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    If you search "intermittent fasting" there's a few threads with all the windows and opinions. It helps some, some find it meh.
  • sczoo26
    sczoo26 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Well I very rarely eat breakfast and donโ€™t normally eat til around 10-11am mid morning anyway, so my last food was before 7pm yesterday and Iโ€™ve got around 5 hours left of none eating which would be a total time of 16 hours I knew fasting mode, feel fine tbh woke up and just having a black coffee with no sweetener or milk etc Iโ€™ll just make sure I keep up my water intake so it fills me up, roll on 11am and I can eat ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹
  • __Chanda__
    __Chanda__ Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I do Keto. However, I also implement intermittent fasting 16:8, at least 3 times a week. It has been effective for me, but I think the Keto eating plan has definitely contributed to my success.
  • luckygirl134
    luckygirl134 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I do intermittent fasting, but only because I'm rarely hungry for breakfast, so I'd rather save those calories for lunch and dinner. I hate going to bed hungry, so I usually opt for a bigger dinner.
  • evanschantelle524
    Options
    How do you do the fasting?