Running resolutions- best race to travel to

2»

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    apullum wrote: »
    - Hokie Half Marathon. This was a big deal for me because I'm a VT alum. Much of the course is on the Huckleberry Trail, which is lovely. The last mile or so is uphill. You get a Hokie Bird medal, which you'll love if you have a VT connection. I can also speak to various shorter races in Blacksburg, since I was there every chance I got.

Go Hokie’s! I was Class if 2005!

No way, so was I! I majored in biology and interdisciplinary studies.

Psychology and history and was in the corps of cadets
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    - Hokie Half Marathon. This was a big deal for me because I'm a VT alum. Much of the course is on the Huckleberry Trail, which is lovely. The last mile or so is uphill. You get a Hokie Bird medal, which you'll love if you have a VT connection. I can also speak to various shorter races in Blacksburg, since I was there every chance I got.

Go Hokie’s! I was Class if 2005!

No way, so was I! I majored in biology and interdisciplinary studies.

Psychology and history and was in the corps of cadets

I knew a couple people in the corps, but otherwise I'm not sure we would have crossed paths much. We were definitely there at the same time though. I was around from 2001-2008. I stayed for an MS and then worked on campus for a year after that. I'd be happy to chat more via message (sorry OP for derailing your thread!)
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    I did the San Antonio RnR last month and it was an awesome experience. It's a great city to visit with plenty of food and activities.

I'm heading to Disney in April to run the Rival Run Half Marathon, I'm sure it's going to be great.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,050 Member
    festerw wrote: »
    I did the San Antonio RnR last month and it was an awesome experience. It's a great city to visit with plenty of food and activities.

I'm heading to Disney in April to run the Rival Run Half Marathon, I'm sure it's going to be great.

My husband did the Dark Side Half Marathon in Disney last year! They changed the name this year since the Light Side isn't happening at DL. My daughter and I did the 5K. It was a blast! It is a huge race and the start is crazy early, but they do such a good job of providing start and race course entertainment that you don't even notice being awake at 3:30 am!! Of course, getting to run through the park was all of our favorite part. You will have a great time. I'm planning on doing the Wine and Dine Half Marathon later this year.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    I concur with many posters thus far. If you don't mind large races it's hard to beat the rock 'n roll events for consistency, production value, scale, and location. The biggest plus is that they always have them in locations that generally merit a trip even without the race.