How many calories to eat to lose weight

I weigh about 133 lbs iam 5ft 3 in
I have looked on websites that say i should eat between 1300 to 1500 is this too much or is it right anyone know ?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    What does MFP give you to lose 0.5lb per week?
  • carolinamccabe7245
    carolinamccabe7245 Posts: 15 Member
    1200 but i dont know if ive to eat under or if i can still lose weight eating a little over as mfp wont go lower than 1200 no matter what
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    1200 but i dont know if ive to eat under or if i can still lose weight eating a little over as mfp wont go lower than 1200 no matter what

If you tell MFP you want to lose weight, they give you a goal that they estimate will achieve a calorie deficit for you. You don't have to go under that, as it is already a deficit.

1,200 is the absolute lower calorie goal you can get. If you weight 133 pounds, you don't want to choose the fastest rate of loss. How many pounds a week did you enter for your weight loss goal?
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    You're already in the healthy weight range. How much more are you trying to lose?
  • carolinamccabe7245
    Lose a stone my healthy bmi is between 7 st and 10 st
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Other websites generally try to guess your total expenditure. MFP tells you how much to eat BEFORE exercise, then you add your calories burned in exercise back in. For most people 1200 + exercise is going to come out somewhere between 1300 and 1500.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Lose a stone my healthy bmi is between 7 st and 10 st

Set it to lose no more than 1 lb per week (0.5lbs would really be best) and remenber that MFP's calorie goal is lower because you are supposed to log your exercise and eat back those calories.

Also make sure your activity level is set correctly. So many people automatically choose sedentary without reading the parameters, and really aren't sedentary.
  • carolinamccabe7245
    Ok thanks