Loose skin after weight loss

What’s your opinion on this? Surgery in the future, coolsculpting or just working out? Wanting to know what you did or what you know to get rid of that excess saggy skin after losing weight.

I’m worried about my tummy.

Replies

• imxnianne
    imxnianne Posts: 216 Member
    🙏 thank you
  • aliciamcielesz
    aliciamcielesz Posts: 9 Member
    I have been worrying about the same thing but honestly it’s better to just focus on the task ahead, and worry about that later. I’ve already made the decision that once I lose all the weight I need to I’ll be getting the excess skin removed if I have any, and getting a boob lift lol especially after two children and breast feeding. It’s going to be okay!
  • imxnianne
    I have been worrying about the same thing but honestly it’s better to just focus on the task ahead, and worry about that later. I’ve already made the decision that once I lose all the weight I need to I’ll be getting the excess skin removed if I have any, and getting a boob lift lol especially after two children and breast feeding. It’s going to be okay!

I think there are alternatives to this though. Tummy tucks is a major surgery and it’s the cost as well. I’ve seen skin tightening a bit better of an option but the cost is semi the same as well. Breast lifts can be opted with chest excersizes, that I think I know. But the tummy more on laser? Excersizes as well. I’m closer to my goal and I’m not losing that fast. More of I want to tone it since I as well have 2 kiddos.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    I understand the fear. No one wants to work hard to lose weight and then think they will be unattractive. But being a healthy weight has so many benefits aside from appearance! And, unless you are losing a very large amount of weight, the skin issue is minimal. Plus, if you _are losing a large amount of weight, then life will be that much better!

Best of luck!
  • mydogchloe
    mydogchloe Posts: 47 Member
    Try adding fasting to you plan. Watch this Dr Jason Fung video for more info. Good luck on your journey. https://youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE
  • imxnianne
    mydogchloe wrote: »
    Try adding fasting to you plan. Watch this Dr Jason Fung video for more info. Good luck on your journey. https://youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

Without noticing it, I think I do fast. I don’t eat after 12am and tend to eat first break at work between 720-800pm.