Nigerian MFPallers

Options
My name is Esther Brodrick-Shehu and am a Nigerian living in Nigeria, I need to find fellow Nigerians on MFP so we can share ideas and recipes. Counting calories on mFP is so helpful but most time the foods are not on the food list and so calorie counting can be Misleading. It's so nice to see some of our food on the food list, I was so excited the day I saw Eba and bitter leaf soup on the list. The weight loss journey so far is good all thanks to MFP.

Replies

• mofehintolu
    Options
    One here
  • Baloostika
    Baloostika Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Wow! Nice to know am not alone out here cos I can't talk about Eba and d likes. Please share result oriented weightloss tips wit me. Ciao
  • Seyi_1
    Seyi_1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I'm here too :)
  • Simbaby09
    Simbaby09 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hello guys, I am so excited seeing my people on same journey ,I need to make friends for encouragement and it is best to do so with people that have same food challenges .So guys lets get going . Is anyone keen on loosing 10kgs before Christmas . We can set up a challenge .
  • shawntyxl
    shawntyxl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    one here too. have u guys cut any nigerian foods out of ur diet?
  • Sayoh
    Sayoh Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    One here as well, though my weightloss journey will start in march/April (baby on the way).
    Will be nice to get tips from y'all.
  • thosyne
    thosyne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am here. working hard at it !
  • jogwuru
    Options
    I'm Nigerian but born and live in uk. Working hard with the help of MFP :)
  • qwe12370
    qwe12370 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm Nigerian too, living in the United States. Feel free to add me.
  • Uddy123
    Uddy123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey...here too. just started using mfp about a week ago. I need some friends
  • buckolah
    buckolah Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am new here. I weigh 320lbs and would like to lose the weight. I hope I find like minds and the support here to lose the weight. I wish I live in USA so I can join the 'Biggest loser' show!! I need an active group
  • CHioma4105
    CHioma4105 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hey! Thank God, I finally found some Nigerians! I'm Chioma, proudly a Nigerian and also live in Nigeria. I weight 81kg( I think that's 182lbs?) which is way too much considering my height (5'5) and all that. I used to weigh 56kg but I ended up gaining all that weight in 6 months due to some new medication I was doing, causing me to over eat. If anyone is interested in sharing recipes and motivations with me then just send me a reply! Oh and am moderately active (I don't gym but I move around a lot :p)
  • ItunuMotilade
    ItunuMotilade Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I’m Nigerian too :smile: I also gained weight due to medication 65lbs over 3years and although I’ve stopped the medication now I’m finding it hard to get back to my old self. I’m currently 215. I used to be a gym fanatic but lately I’m mostly sedentary. Efo will not let me blow. Feel free to ADD me up
  • rivercross27
    rivercross27 Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi Ladies, very excited to connect with people who understand our extra starchy foods in Naija :smirk: My biggest challenge is dinner when after a long day I just want some rice and stew until my tummy feels full! Been working on making healthier options that still make me feel full like soups and Brown rice. What's everyone else doing?
  • ogororanyeli
    ogororanyeli Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Ogor, proudly Naija bit currently based in Australia. Started keto again after 2 kids. Just looking for food inspiration, I'm already seeing results and I don't want to go off track
  • docbeauty1
    docbeauty1 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi im a Nigerian and living in Nigeria
    My weight was at a healthy number of 54kg but I lost focuse and gained alot of excess weight im now 95kg
    Working hard to achieve a healthy bmi

• patsoreal
    patsoreal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. Let’s set some weight loss goals and smash them together
  • omanwaije
    omanwaije Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey, is this group still active?
  • omanwaije
    Options
    Seems it's not. I'm gonna borrow an idea a from nairaland thread. They basically post their daily food and exercise log and weigh ins but the thread is so old I can't possibly resurrect it. So I'll be using this instead.
  • omanwaije
    Options
    HW 95kg
    CW 90kg
    GW 66kg or what feels good
    I'm 5ft 6 female
    Bust 42/43
    Waist 36
    Belly button 38
    Lower waist 40
    Hips 45/46.5