Insanity vs P90X

Options
Not sure if this has been discussed before, but would like to get opinions of people that have tried both. Which do you prefer? Why? and which do you feel gave best results?

I need to step up my work outs because my weight loss has slowed a lot this past 6 weeks.

Thanks

Mike aka memro (go ahead, friend me!)

Replies

• lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tnkhart
    tnkhart Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Just do a search of Insanity vs P90X, on this site. There are tons of people that have written on the subject. I am on Power 90 and trying to decide which of the two I'm doing next. I like the P90X program but I like how motivational Shawn T is in Insanity. You can also watch some of the videos on you tube to get an idea.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    bump
  • censu67
    censu67 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    What is this 'bump' business?
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Insanity is high intensity aerobic sports drills. P90X is three days of strength training with alternate days of Cardio, Kenpo Karate, Plyometrics and a day of Yoga stretching.
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I finished Insanity, and am currently on a P90X/Insanity hybrid. Love them both! Insanity is hard core cardio, it'll kick your butt! P90X is strength training, also great but not as intense. I highly recommend the hybrid, as you can get some great cardio and strength training too!

Good luck!
  • chiken88
    Options
    You said that your weight loss has slowed over the past 6 weeks. What have you been doing for exercise? Changing things up can help to push you through a plateau, but you may also need to change your calorie intake and that does not necessarily mean going down in calories. P90X is more focused on building muscle which will give you a longer calorie burn on a daily basis. Insanity is an high intensity cardio workout. Factors to consider are where are you at in your fitness level right now. How long do you have to work out each day? Insanity is a 60 day program, the workouts are around 40 mins the first month and 50 mins the second month. It is a boot camp style program. P90X is a 90 day program and the workouts range from 1 hr to 90 mins. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions.