4 weeks not losing... demotivated

Options
2»

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    You haven't answered. Is the workout new to you? Water weight from new exercise is my first guess. Here's an awesome article...

http://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    Gaining strength isn’t the same as gaining muscle. With your deficit, it’s likely you’re doing as good a job as possible preserving existing muscle tissue, but you’re not giving your body the calories it needs to increase muscle tissue. You should consider doing a “recomp” — body decomposition. Maintaining a very small deficit while working through a progressive lifting program. That sounds like it will give you the results you want.

QFT
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    bekahlou75 wrote: »
    Onyx_MCG wrote: »
    If you’re on a high protein diet the muscle will replace the fat and muscle is heavier than fat. Are you are lifting heavy you will put on muscle. Try working out with lighter weights. Add me as a friend.

This doesn't even make sense. How is muscle heavier than fat? A pound of fat is equal to a pound of muscle.

They mean that muscle is denser/takes up less volume than fat.
  • brittlb07
    brittlb07 Posts: 313 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I am weighing all the foods on a scale... even salad. Mornings it’s usually 184 g egg whites, 20g oatmeal, 1 egg. Lunch is 4 oz chicken with 180 g broccoli or any other greens. Dinner is again 184 g egg whites and 2 eggs with 2 cups of spinach.
    Snacks are 4 oz chickenbreast midmorning, afternoon 15 almonds, evening, 1 cup fat free Greek yogurt with 1\2 berries.

That’s what I eat pretty much every day..

I am female. I know I am perfectly at a ok weight but not for me, myself.. I gained 15 lbs in one year that I am trying to get rid of.

I totally respect your desire to loose weight. I am 5’4 and 142 and trying to get back to 120 and many people on MFP tried to say 142 is healthy for my height. On my body frame I can assure you it is not!!!! I’ve never been this heavy my whole life and it’s showing all over my mid section.

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    make sure you're on a eating plan you enjoy and can sustain.. don't let your trainer run your life.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Hello all

I am really demotivated right now ...maybe someone can give some advice. My weight is 146 lbs on 5f7 and I have religiously been lifting heavy with a trainer twice a week and then one hour HIIT trainings twice. I want to be at my old weight of 135.
    He put me on a low carb, high protein diet.. 1500 cals and macros are 50 p, 30 c, 20 f.
    I see a big difference in my shoulder and arms that I gained muscle but on the scale I weigh exactly the same. Not an ounce less.
    How can that be? I am so strict with weighing every morsel and still nothing.
    Will the weight ever come off? We tried going down to 1300 cals this week but still nothing on the scale.

I am 36...

Why..or does the muscle I gained equal out fat loss on the scale? I doubt it...
    I am weighing all the foods on a scale... even salad. Mornings it’s usually 184 g egg whites, 20g oatmeal, 1 egg. Lunch is 4 oz chicken with 180 g broccoli or any other greens. Dinner is again 184 g egg whites and 2 eggs with 2 cups of spinach.
    Snacks are 4 oz chickenbreast midmorning, afternoon 15 almonds, evening, 1 cup fat free Greek yogurt with 1\2 berries.

That’s what I eat pretty much every day..

I am female. I know I am perfectly at a ok weight but not for me, myself.. I gained 15 lbs in one year that I am trying to get rid of.

Are milesmiley2018 and bcwagneripad1 the same person?