Fall off bone ribs, fat?

2»

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I just think trying to deduct fat that cooks is probably not a good idea, since hard to say what's left and I think there's a tendency to wishful thinking.

Personally I'd use a cooked entry for this type of dish, anyway.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    MDC2957 wrote: »
    I have no clue what you just said. The slow cooker was bomb. The bones were cleaned off just by picking up the ribs. 8 hours on low. 😁

You can also cook fantastic ribs in an InstantPot. If you use the trivet in the bottom to keep the rack of ribs out of the liquid, the rendered fat ends up in the bottom instead of on the ribs.

https://iwashyoudry.com/instant-pot-baby-back-pork-ribs/
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    MDC2957 wrote: »
    I have no clue what you just said. The slow cooker was bomb. The bones were cleaned off just by picking up the ribs. 8 hours on low. 😁

You can also cook fantastic ribs in an InstantPot. If you use the trivet in the bottom to keep the rack of ribs out of the liquid, the rendered fat ends up in the bottom instead of on the ribs.

https://iwashyoudry.com/instant-pot-baby-back-pork-ribs/

This is the exact recipe I use. Except I don’t have a trivet. I keep the ribs elevated with some tinfoil. These are a hit at home every time I make them.
  • JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    Yes, it absorbed back into the porcelain. You are welcome.

Can confirm, porcelain is great fat absorber, great to take grease off pizza as well.

If your crockpot has a glaze on the ceramic (every one I've seen has, otherwise everything liquid would absorb into the ceramic bowl, stain it) fat won't absorb into it. If its shiny, glassy... it has glaze.
    P.S. I'm not a chef or a crock pot expert but I am an artist, art teacher and know my way around ceramics, glaze, porous and non-porous ceramic surfaces.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    Yes, it absorbed back into the porcelain. You are welcome.

Can confirm, porcelain is great fat absorber, great to take grease off pizza as well.

If your crockpot has a glaze on the ceramic (every one I've seen has, otherwise everything liquid would absorb into the ceramic bowl, stain it) fat won't absorb into it. If its shiny, glassy... it has glaze.
    P.S. I'm not a chef or a crock pot expert but I am an artist, art teacher and know my way around ceramics, glaze, porous and non-porous ceramic surfaces.

Just a little bit of joking going on there @JuliBiGoolee :)