Keeping the Squirrel on track.

Hi everyone,everyone calls me Squirrel. Well I have a long journey ahead of me and I have the tendency to be the OCD/ADHD Squirrel and want everything perfect and done yesterday. I Found out I have MS 3 years ago no pity I refer it to Might Squirrel:) 6 months later fell broke my ankle in 3 places to make a story shorter 18 surgery's later and 2.5 years in wheel chair, i now carry a wide load sign as I need to lose 6 Stones and want it off yesterday specially since i have the OK to star walking agin. I need some good advice on exercises for core muscles as not walking for 2.5 years has made me a weak weebble wobble but this one doesn't want to fall down:) I'm eating I think proper maybe not enough , I honestly don't know. I try to take 3000 steps a day and do some OLD peeps aerobics which according to my hubby and kids I am. But I tend to take pride in my immaturity :) if only my body would get on board with it. Since I'm slowly getting active and have Muscle atrophy i really don't know how many calories, carbs, fat,& sugars to eat. right now, i average 8 to 900 cal, 70 carbs, 25 fat, 60 protein and under 20 sugar, no refine sugars no grains, a little dairy. am i on the right track am I eating enough? Any guidance will be great.

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,701 MFP Moderator
    Welcome to the MFP Community. :) If you're just starting out, take a look at this thread:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
    It's a list of the "most helpful" threads, as recommended by members of the community

In addition to that, enter your stats and goals on MFP and eat the calories it suggests. True, it's not very "fun and immature" to log what you eat (but hey, adulting sometimes isn't fun). However, it IS helpful in getting your life and health on track. :) You can still be the playful and youthful squirrel as you get healthy, right?

800-900 calories is not enough to fuel your body or your workouts. You can lose weight eating more than that. When you underfuel your body, you're making muscle atrophy worse - and your heart is a muscle!
  • seawherry
    seawherry Posts: 5 Member
    Yes and thank you. I really do try to eat more i just get full. I have always been a small portion eater. But I will look at the link you sent. Thanks so Much