Do i need to eat the minimum if i feel full?

Options
I'm at the end of my day and getting ready to turn in, however, I still have about 260 calories to eat. Im not in the least hungry....should i eat a bed time snack?

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    If it’s not every single day, sure! If you’re eating under 1200 (for women) or 1500 (for men), you should be careful not to go under too often though, for health reasons.
  • tlpina82
    tlpina82 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Short answer is NO. If you feel full and nourished, meaning, you feel good and healthy, then there's no reason to change.

Long answer is, DEPENDS.
    Depends on your goals and what you want to do accomplish.

Example: If you want to increase your muscle mass, you will -most likely- need to be on a surplus of calories.

So, main question is... What would you like to do?

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Important question: how are you measuring your food intake?
  • nsteacup
    nsteacup Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Important question: how are you measuring your food intake?

Measuring and weighing everything right now until I get a good feel for portions sizes. And watching the macros.
  • nsteacup
    Options
    tlpina82 wrote: »
    Short answer is NO. If you feel full and nourished, meaning, you feel good and healthy, then there's no reason to change.

Long answer is, DEPENDS.
    Depends on your goals and what you want to do accomplish.

Example: If you want to increase your muscle mass, you will -most likely- need to be on a surplus of calories.

So, main question is... What would you like to do?

I have 100+lbs to loose but don't want to loose muscle in the process.
  • nsteacup
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I'll keep recording and see how I'm feeling on the lower days...if it ever happens again lol
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    nsteacup wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I'll keep recording and see how I'm feeling on the lower days...if it ever happens again lol

Look at your weekly goal, not daily
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Not a big deal to undereat one day, but you shouldn't make a habit of it.

3 possibilities, or likely a combination of all:

1) You aren't logging correctly (unintentionally), so are eating more than you think.
    2) You've overhauled your diet to all "healthy" food and find yourself getting full on less. Just add back in small portions of more calorie dense foods or other things you enjoy.
    3) You've just started, and right now the new diet is "fun" and you feel like you don't even need all that food! (This will pass shortly. ;) )
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I'm at the end of my day and getting ready to turn in, however, I still have about 260 calories to eat. Im not in the least hungry....should i eat a bed time snack?

Did you exercise today? Some people find they don't want their exercise calories the day of the exercise, but do want them the next day.
  • tlpina82
    tlpina82 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have 100+lbs to loose but don't want to loose muscle in the process.

With 100 lbs to lose, you have more than enough energy stored to keep you from losing muscle.
    If you maintain a regimen that challenges the muscle, meaning, weight lifting or at least resistance calisthenics, your muscle mass will stay where it is or perhaps even tone up a bit.

But it is very important that you do exercise and challenge the muscle.

Your body needs to live and it also needs to conserve energy. So if you're not getting everything you need for food it will target Fat and muscle as sources of nourishment.
    Priority are the organs.
    So challenge the muscle, so that the source of energy becomes your fat tissues.