HELP! TEAS AND DRINKS!

Options
claudiaedewis
claudiaedewis Posts: 13 Member
edited January 2019 in Food and Nutrition
so i have been on my journey for 16 days! and i have been doing okay, i have been replacing my teas and coffee with more natural teas like Green Tea. i used to have full fat milk tea with 2 sugars!! which is terrible, i know. i have been reading some benefits of green tea and want to know if anyone has had any success stories with it. or is what i am reading a load of twoddle?? also, how much water such i be drinking a day? at the minute i drink almost no water only teas and sometimes cordial no sugar squash? thank you! :)

Replies

• smolmaus
    smolmaus Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Green tea is 0 calorie, which is the only benefit is has for weight loss. Most of what you read about it being a fat burner or a detox tea is indeed twaddle. It does contain antioxidants but those won't have an effect on your weight. It's the same plant as regular black tea, it's just not left to oxidise for so long before they dry it. Your usual tea is about 45kcal so if you're replacing 5 of them a day with green tea that's about equivalent to about 0.5lb/week of weightloss just to put it in perspective. You could also do that with black tea or black coffee though.

As for water, just keep hydrated enough that your pee is clear. The recommendation is 2lt/day but you get water from your food too so as to how much extra you'll need from just drinking water, that's individual. Teas and coffees count towards your water but I think the NHS recommendation is that you should only count 4-5 of them and get the rest of your water from other sources. Water with cordial absolutely counts!
  • claudiaedewis
    Options
    oh right okay, that's a good way to look at it. and yeah i thought, cutting out all that sugar has to help! thank you.

right, so i definitely need to start drinking more water then. think i will get myself a water bottle so i can keep it at my desk at work. Do you reckons its true that if you have a glass of water 20 minutes or so before you eat you get full up quicker. I have been watching some weight loss success stories on YouTube and that's what people tend to say.
  • time2change1111
    time2change1111 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I don’t have scientific evidence - but I definitely feel fooler if I have water with my meal.

Have you tried iced tea? It’s summer here and I brew green tea or herbal tea and put into into water bottles into the fridge, I find that easier to drink then plain water.

Good luck with your journey!
  • claudiaedewis
    Options
    well, its FREEZING COLD here at the minute, but i will try iced tea in the summer as have never tried that before. i might try to have a glass then before i eat to see if it makes a difference or not! thanks :)
  • claudiaedewis
    Options
    yes, that makes sense! thanks! :smiley:
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Pardyqueenxoxo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I've swapped my tea and coffee's with milk and suger for green matcha tea, peppermint tea, detox teas, fruit teas and turmeric teas! I've noticed i feel better and less sluggish, i'm craving more haribo etc thoough because I'm not having sugary hot drinks. I have a 2ltr water bottle on my desk that i always chugg away at, it really stops me snacking xx
  • claudiaedewis
    Options
    that sounds similar to me with the teas, i do enjoy drinking them! i really need to invest in a 2ltr water bottle! that way i know I've had enough water throughout the day! thanks