KETO DIET

Options
Hi,

I have been on Keto for 8 days, I am following a plan and I record everything I eat, drink, exercise etc. I am consistently going over in carbs each day with no intention but I am under in calories and every other category everyday. Any thoughts? Thank you

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    If you choose keto for weight loss, you will be fine, as long as you aren't too far under on calories and are getting in your protein.
  • stephanieeaton
    stephanieeaton Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes I am on both... this is the carbs I recorded today..Beto Bomb creamer 4, yogurt 6 , chicken salad 7, Avocado 8, lettuce 1, raw almonds 3 total of 29 suppose to have no more than 20.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I don't follow keto but I believe it's supposed to be net carbs. Are you subtracting grams of fiber from the total carb number?
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hi,

I have been on Keto for 8 days, I am following a plan and I record everything I eat, drink, exercise etc. I am consistently going over in carbs each day with no intention but I am under in calories and every other category everyday. Any thoughts? Thank you

@stephanieeaton instead of Keto (max of 50 grams of carbs) consider going Low Carb (max 150 grams daily) for a while. For most people keto never happens unless carbs are below or around 50 grams daily.

I have been keto for most of the time for over 4 years. I did it to resolve some 40 year old medical issues however I did lose 50 pounds without trying the first year and have maintain that lose for the last three years automatically as long as I do not eat over 50 grams of carbs daily. Right now I am going over 50 grams trying to eat all of the holiday fruit before it spoils but still am not eating any food containing added sugar and or any form of any grain.

There is nothing magical about any one Way Of Eating so just try different WOE's and settle on one or more that works well to help you reach your objectives. Best of success.
  • fishhawk1400
    fishhawk1400 Posts: 15 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    So I would substitute the creamer for heavy cream. But 29 grams is ok. Your goal is 20 grams a day . It’s not set in stone. You can eat 50 and be in ketosis. I have been on Keto and have an occasional beer and pizza binge and I am back in ketosis within a day.
  • stephanieeaton
    stephanieeaton Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you everyone for your helpful comments. My fitness pal app put me at 17 carbs a day and NO I didn't know to subtract fiber from carbs. So if I stay at 50 or under I am good and still in Ketosis?
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    @stephanieeaton yes for most people nutritional ketosis will happen at 50 or under grams of carbs daily. Try not to look at eating as a bunch of rules. Keto has been my Way Of Eating for over four years now and seems like the most nature way I have ever eaten plus I get all of the health gains from running on ketones vs mainly glucose.
  • sparkofmadness
    sparkofmadness Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Download the carb manager app because it helps with the calculations.
  • mar120
    mar120 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are supposed to eat yogurt when doing keto.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    mar120 wrote: »
    I don't think you are supposed to eat yogurt when doing keto.

Why not? As long as someone is accounting for the carbohydrates, it isn't going to cause any problems.