How do you get 180g of protein a day?

Options
2»

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My latest research, i do so much of it i can't recall from where exactly, indicated that an over consumption of calories of purely lean protein is virtually impossible to convert into storage fats... this would support @psychod787 's statement above as well.

So, as long as I eat chicken breast only, I cannot gain weight? No matter how many calories I eat total?
  • tonyfastz06
    tonyfastz06 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My latest research, i do so much of it i can't recall from where exactly, indicated that an over consumption of calories of purely lean protein is virtually impossible to convert into storage fats... this would support @psychod787 's statement above as well.

So, as long as I eat chicken breast only, I cannot gain weight? No matter how many calories I eat total?

Sure... good look with that experiment and let me know how it goes. Aim for 10,000 cal and provide feedback.
  • quiksylver296
    edited January 2019
    Options

Sure... good look with that experiment and let me know how it goes. Aim for 10,000 cal and provide feedback.

That's what you just said.

"An over-consumption of lean protein is virtually impossible to convert into storage fats."

Which is completely incorrect. #science
  • tonyfastz06
    Options

"An over-consumption of lean protein is virtually impossible to convert into storage fats."

If you need me to clarify so as to ensure you don't embark on a 15,000 cal/day consumption of chicken breast science experiment because of my comment I'll further clarify it for you...

if you're targeting say... 2400 calories and eat exactly that... and then say have ANOTHER 1,000, even 1,500 calories of PURE LEAN grilled, no salt no sauce chicken breast, then i'm very confident you won't gain a measurable amount of fat.

I've eaten like that myself at times for extended periods and can concur with THAT science.

If you would like to interpret all the above as a challenge to eat 10x that much to prove my statement incorrect. Enjoy the journey, i wish you well.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

If you need me to clarify so as to ensure you don't embark on a 15,000 cal/day consumption of chicken breast science experiment because of my comment I'll further clarify it for you...

if you're targeting say... 2400 calories and eat exactly that... and then say have ANOTHER 1,000, even 1,500 calories of PURE LEAN grilled, no salt no sauce chicken breast, then i'm very confident you won't gain a measurable amount of fat.

I've eaten like that myself at times for extended periods and can concur with THAT science.

If you would like to interpret all the above as a challenge to eat 10x that much to prove my statement incorrect. Enjoy the journey, i wish you well.

A person cannot eat 1000 to 1500 calories over their maintenance every day and not gain some fat. You're giving bad information. And I don't believe your n=1, at all. You may have gained muscle, but it wasn't 100% muscle. That's not how any of this works.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Well I think it's hard to gain too much fat. I mean 10000 cals of chicken breast would still have some fat. Lol
  • tonyfastz06
    Options

A person cannot eat 1000 to 1500 calories over their maintenance every day and not gain some fat. You're giving bad information. And I don't believe your n=1, at all. You may have gained muscle, but it wasn't 100% muscle. That's not how any of this works.

dont' believe me then LMAO Obviously i woke up and decided to spread mis-truths and lies today in an effort to fatten up the world.

And.. i said measurable amount... meaning, couldn't noticeable SEE it.

Peace
  • quiksylver296
    Options

dont' believe me then LMAO Obviously i woke up and decided to spread mis-truths and lies today in an effort to fatten up the world.

And.. i said measurable amount... meaning, couldn't noticeable SEE it.

Peace

So, your "research" included selfies and feelz. Got it.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

How would your body know that the extra 1000 cals of protein are the extra calories in your diet? Do you have to eat them all at the end of your eating day, after you've eaten your other macros? Is there some kind of cut off point to know when it's safe to eat the extra protein? And if your body doesn't turn the protein calories into fat, is it all either being converted into muscle and/or passing right through you and out?
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Your body can only build so much muscle. I’m sure where it’s going is really to TEF and NEAT and some muscle and some fat. Or your juicing..there is that too
  • psychod787
    Options

Challenge you to a chicken breast eating contest....lol
  • quiksylver296
    edited January 2019
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »

;)

5mt9bmilld58.gif
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

;)

5mt9bmilld58.gif

Those aren't breasts.

:)
  • quiksylver296
    Options

;)

5mt9bmilld58.gif

Those aren't breasts.

:)

I went looking for another gif, but it was way NSFW!
  • psychod787
    Options

;)

5mt9bmilld58.gif

Warning... I can eat 3lbs of chicken breast a day easy...
  • quiksylver296
    Options

;)

5mt9bmilld58.gif

Warning... I can eat 3lbs of chicken breast a day easy...

Yeah, I've seen your freaking diary. I'm jealous of the amount you can eat.
  • psychod787
    Options
    Trade you for your deadlifts and normal hunger and satiety! Lol