Rice VS Wheat

Options
If I want to lose weight from my legs( or even generally) what’s better rice( white/brown) or bread( whole wheat)?

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Whichever you prefer as long as it fits into your calorie deficit.
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    First you can't spot reduce fat, there's no specfic foods that will target leg fat.

Secondly, the only thing that matters for weight loss is that you're at the correct calorie deficit for your weight loss goals. Within that context it doesn't matter what kinds of foods you're eating. There are no 'magical' weight loss foods that burn fat better than others.

Whole wheat bread is good for you because of the fiber and such, but there's nothing wrong with rice either. Eat whichever one you like better (or eat both if you prefer), just make sure you're hitting your calorie targets.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    You don't have to choose between the two, you can eat both. Just eat them in the context of a calorie deficit.

You can't target weight loss to a specific part of your body, but you will lose weight eating either as long as you're in a deficit.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Whichever you prefer as long as it fits into your calorie deficit.

This.

You can't pick where the fat comes off
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Iifym.... lol
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Since I find rice more filling than regular bread, for me, rice is better.

I am satiated by bread made from sprouted grains, such as brands like Food for Life, which is available in the freezer section in the supermarkets where I live.