NEW GROUP: 20 Down by Halloween! Join NOW!

Options

Replies

• juliemagoolie
    Options
    I think I may be too late and that is fine. :) Good luck all!
  • Hthfamily
    Hthfamily Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge!

I have been on the heavy side the majority of my life. I have decided to put myself ahead of my family (for once) and get this weight off to live a long healthy life. I have a lot of weight to lose but know baby steps are the way to go. I work out five days a week doing water aerobics or going to the gym. I am eating healthier and keeping busy.

I look forward to being part of this challenge and lossing at least 20 lbs.
  • jesstiger81
    jesstiger81 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Count me in Jackie!

I am a future military wife!!! We are getting married on December 17th, so less than 4 months away, and I would LOVE to have lost 20 more lbs by then. My fiance is stationed in Pensacola. He is in the Air Force training to be a navigator. He is my best friend and my rock, and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him.

I lost about 20lbs last fall and feel great for that but I hit a major plateau. Right now I am doing Zumba 3-4 times per week. I also want to get into the Couch to 5K program.

My wedding dress is a size 12 but I would love to have to have that taken in just a little bit! My 30th birthday is 9 days after my wedding and also when we are leaving for our honeymoon so I would love to look my best.

I am so glad this group is getting going!
  • Raw07
    Raw07 Posts: 206
    Options
    Sounds good to me!
  • JackeeW
    JackeeW Posts: 72
    Options
    Haye guys!

We ended up with 45 participants so I broke us up into 6 teams: 3 teams of 7 and 3 teams of 8. The teams are listed below. I tried my best to break everyone up based on interests, goals, or methods of exercise, etc. This wasn't an easy task considering the limited information I had to go on, but again, I did my best.

After you find your username below, please be sure to add everyone as a "friend" that is in your team. If you feel comfortable, you might wish to exchange personal email addresses, as MFP does NOT make it easy to communicate with a large group of people via email. You'll probably also want to pick a head coach. To me, the head coach doesn't need to be the one with the most experience, etc but just someone that is able and willing to dedicate extra time to the team and to give individualized motivation to someone who is losing steam along the way. OR, maybe instead of having just ONE head coach, you can assign a different head coach every week. Again, it's all up to what works best for you and your team. Feel free to name your teams something fun or catchy!

Look for the NEW THREAD labeled 20D by Halloween Challenge: WEEK ONE that I am about to start. That will be the place where everyone will motivate one another, throw out suggestions, and stay in touch. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Here are the teams:

TEAM ONE: JackeeW, HeatherB85, Rqlinzer, KayaSamantha, Millinum, JJLive, MX882241, Blynnblair

TEAM TWO: Capita85, Kiku76, Ambersobo9410, Nakabi, Akmacda0621, Mcmcmcshane, Saeverman, Dawnie_1979

TEAM THREE: Shadykins, JennyFair24, Emily_34, Raw07, Betheroo, Sadieluvzwolvez, m_erira, Ginial1479

TEAM FOUR: Westcoastchic, JulieMagoolie, HthFamily, BeeRod527, Mrscao, Kristlynngirl, Kimyettar

TEAM FIVE: imahealthychic, PaulaJFranco, Symota, Goodluckbear31, Gulletgirl, KshoeMaker02, DashaDahling

TEAM SIX: Ezak86, Omgstef, Jesstiger81, Jngreene, Laureneva15, Tabbycat2223, Nicrob80
  • dawnie_1979
    Options
    I'm interested in joining the group!!!

I'm 31, wife of one, mama of 2 (9 months and stepmom of 10 year old girl). I was having a hard time losing the baby fat after giving birth and that's what prompted me to join MFP. For me it's not so much a numeric goal; it's a lifestyle change. Making better choices, exercising, portion control.

I'm doing this for me, my husband, and my children. I've been exercising 3 days a week and hope to continue...
  • Raw07
    Raw07 Posts: 206
    Options
    Awesome Im so excited to get this started!! I need all the support I can get!
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Awesome! We WILL do tthis!
  • JackeeW
    Options
    I'm interested in joining the group!!!

I'm 31, wife of one, mama of 2 (9 months and stepmom of 10 year old girl). I was having a hard time losing the baby fat after giving birth and that's what prompted me to join MFP. For me it's not so much a numeric goal; it's a lifestyle change. Making better choices, exercising, portion control.

I'm doing this for me, my husband, and my children. I've been exercising 3 days a week and hope to continue...

I added you to Group 2!

Sorry to anyone else who wishes to join after this. I'm heading to bed and won't be editing the teams anymore. I really wish everyone could join but, the challenge starts in the morning.

Thanks to all who have joined. Let's do this. ;)
  • akmcdc0621
    Options
    so excited that ive already messaged all of my team members with the wrong team number! lol but atleast it was the right people oh well!
  • Ginial1479
    Ginial1479 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Is it too late to join?

I'm desperatly looking for a challenge to motivate myself in this journey.

Let me know

Gin
  • JackeeW
    Options
    Hi,

Is it too late to join?

I'm desperatly looking for a challenge to motivate myself in this journey.

Let me know

Gin

AHHHHHHH! lol.

I added you to Team 3! ;) Glad you got in on the action JUST in time because I'm seriously going to bed now. lol.
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I just started using MFP a few days ago and think it will really help. The challenge is a nice bonus too.
    I'm a 32-year-old wife, mother, & grad student. Still 30 lbs. from my pre-pregnancy weight.

I do walk/run intervals 3-5 times per week. Despite the consistent cardio exercise, I still don't see weight loss results unless I count & restrict calories. It stinks but it's the truth. But, that's why I'm here. We can do this together.
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    My name is Nicole and I am a physics graduate student. Since late February 2010, I have lost 105 lbs (~25 lbs February 2010 - July 2010; ~80 lbs July 2010 - February 2011) and would like to lose another ~25 lbs to attain my goal weight of 120 lbs. Given that my 25th birthday is in late October, this group would be a superb motivational tool!
    Cheers!
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Never mind. Just saw that you've already made the teams.
  • ydoyle
    ydoyle Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, My name is Yolanda and I'm really excited to join the group. I am a mother of one and a grandma to a wonder. I have a busy life with full time employment and pursuing a degree. I currently weigh 206 lb and would love to be 186 pound by Halloween.
  • caripta85
    caripta85 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I believe my name was spelled wrong! Its caripta85 and i'm on team two! lol
  • heppeaad
    heppeaad Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes I would love to join. I lost forty pounds gained 10 back feel like I am starting all over. This is the perfect challage to get me back on track!
  • laureneva15
    Options
    woo! go teams
  • Hopey33
    Hopey33 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join?