Newbie Trying to Work This Out

Hi Everyone, I have just joined MFP and have a couple of questions I would like help with if possible. I have been weight training (bodybuilding) for the past 6 months and have seen some amazing gains. My training is very intense just over an hour each day to do two body parts per day with 5 days on 1 day off. I also power walk at least 3 days a week for 50mins. my problem is im currently now 81kgs standing at 5' 9" 50 years young. My goal is to increase more muscle mass and drop body fat to get a leaner but bigger physic. There doesn't seem to be anything that I can find on MFP that is designed what i want. Am I correct in saying this or have I missed something along the way. Also is there a guild on how to use MFP instead of guess working it out.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    edited January 2019
    Read the ‘most helpful posts (must reads)’ posts at the top of each sub forum. This will help take the general guesswork out of how to use MFP.

Doing a recomp, if you are happy with your weight, is probably what you are looking at doing (in ‘most useful’ in the maintaining sub forum)
    Set your goal weight to maintenance, eat those cals, plus exercise cals, and monitor for at least 1 full menstual cycle. Adjust up or down as needed.

If you wish to lose weight as well as fat, enter a 0.5-1lbs a week deficit. Eat those cals, plus exercise, monitor and adjust.

The calorie burn for lifting can be found in the cardio tab under ‘strength training’.

Cheers, h.