Unable to flush water from my body

13»

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    Oh by the way - I hardly sweat in saunas too. Takes me AGES to sweat. Especially in a dry sauna. In an infrared sauna I tend to sweat quicker but it still takes a good 15 minutes before any sweat breaks out, so don't take lack of sweat in a sauna as a water retention measurement.

This. I just don't sweat. Full stop. I don't sweat in heat. I don't sweat with exertion from hard exercise. Except for my hands and under my breasts, and it's really just barely. I don't sweat. Neither does my daughter.

Same, on average I get a bit of a sheen but the only time I have to like wipe my face or something is if the humidity is also very high.

For those of you who don't sweat, do you find you overheat more than most people? Just curious.

I'm a sweater and end up drenched after working out or running.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Oh by the way - I hardly sweat in saunas too. Takes me AGES to sweat. Especially in a dry sauna. In an infrared sauna I tend to sweat quicker but it still takes a good 15 minutes before any sweat breaks out, so don't take lack of sweat in a sauna as a water retention measurement.

This. I just don't sweat. Full stop. I don't sweat in heat. I don't sweat with exertion from hard exercise. Except for my hands and under my breasts, and it's really just barely. I don't sweat. Neither does my daughter.

Same, on average I get a bit of a sheen but the only time I have to like wipe my face or something is if the humidity is also very high.

For those of you who don't sweat, do you find you overheat more than most people? Just curious.

i dont sweat. turn bright red though like my hearts about to burst LOL

im always cold. no overheating here LMAO
  • kellycz
    kellycz Posts: 57 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    A small and persistent caloric deficit balanced between food and exercise is how people who could benefit from losing a little bit of fat can do so in a relatively safe and pleasant fashion.
    Well stated!

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »

Wait till you hit menopause!

I hardly produced a drop of sweat until about 2-3 years ago. Now I go about soaked half the time.

I'm 52 and have yet to have a hot flash. I am warm all the time though. The thermostat is set on 65 degrees and I am comfortable in just a short-sleeved t-shirt, stretchy pants, cotton socks, wool socks, and slippers.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member

I'm always cold. Before menopause, I did overheat, but I still didn't sweat. I would get dizzy and get headaches if I was out in the heat too long.

With exercise, I've never pushed it to the point of overheating because by then I have a migraine. I get them from exertion if I go too hard too long.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    I don't mind heat and am able to be active at over 40C, but I sweat like crazy, even in colder weather if I put in a bit of effort. Not sure I'm really happy about this.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member

I'm always cold. Before menopause, I did overheat, but I still didn't sweat. I would get dizzy and get headaches if I was out in the heat too long.

With exercise, I've never pushed it to the point of overheating because by then I have a migraine. I get them from exertion if I go too hard too long.

I used to be the same way before I had my kids. after I had them I started sweating but I still get the red face if I workout too hard.dr told me since my blood pressure is usually low its caused from a rapid increase from exercise but as long as I dont feel dizzy,nauseated and so on she said It should be ok. I do get headaches later on from it though and have to take something for it. I havent went through menopause yet but am experiencings peri menopause and get slight night sweats but not that often.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,972 Member

I'm a mega-sweat-er, but I do have a data point: One of my regular rowing double partners is a non-sweat-er, mostly. She works hard in the boat, but doesn't sweat much, even in very hot weather out in the sun on the river. I'll be drenched pretty much always, but it's a topic of conversation when she has perceivable sweat anywhere.

She doesn't seem to overheat. She said she had an overheating problem only once, when it was very hot and she was doing a long run as part of marathon training. She does drink normal amounts of water, but thinks she underhydrated that day specifically.

I don't think she overheats appreciably more than most people. I don't understand how that can work, but it seems to.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member

i dont sweat. turn bright red though like my hearts about to burst LOL

im always cold. no overheating here LMAO

i do both. i freak people out with the red face and soaked from sweat
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited January 2019

I'd love to trade both of you. If I suddenly remember the time in middle school that I tripped in front of my crush, I break out in sweat. If I THINK too hard, I sweat. If something makes me anxious, I sweat. At the gym? I'm dripping from my elbows. I once weighed myself before and after a treadmill run (to be fair, I was training for a half marathon and I was on the treadmill for about an hour), I weighed 2 lbs lighter. :D

Downside is I get winded pretty quickly if I don't have water on hand.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member

Yes, I can overheat if working hard in heat. Turn bright red, see black spots. Don’t sweat enough for that to be an effective cooling mechanism. But then I, too, run cooler than most people. 54 yo and have not yet had a hot flash.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,382 Member

This is me. If it's exceptionally hot, I eventually get underboob sweat, knee crook swear, etc. But I never drip sweat.