Gained back 10 pounds over the holiday. Did you gain anything?

From September 2017 until August 2018 I manage to lose 30 pounds. Now I gained back 10 pounds since Dec 1st.
I'm so annoyed with myself and I tried to find reasons other than the real reason for my "failure". Bad scale, water weight etc. But I know the reason is that I haven't been logging accurately and I have been doing a lot of guessing.
Anyways, Now im back on track again...I hope. I want to lose that 10 pounds again by August this year. Wish me luck!

Replies

• RunStart34
    RunStart34 Posts: 157 Member
    You can do it.!!! I am in the same boat. So i am starting to log everything thing now.
  • alicebhsia1
    alicebhsia1 Posts: 82 Member
    Good luck! I lost five pounds right before Thanksgiving and gained it all back since. What a bummer! I know my weight gain is from not tracking and basically eating whatever I want, so now I am tracking again. I got sick with a bad cold for a couple weeks and that reduced my exercising too so that probably contributed, not to mention slacking on workouts around the holidays. So back on the fitness train!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Yep. So after the holidays I'm back in a deficit. Just tracking and logging and meal planning as usual.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    I started maintaining in September and haven't had any gains until January, saw a couple of pounds creep back with the holidays, DH started a new job, my cycles returned (haven't been having any since my last baby was born!). I'm honestly not sure if it's weight gain or muscle gain, I doubt I've gained 1-2 pounds of muscle, but my clothes aren't fitting any different except for some pre-cycle bloat. I may have put on a little muscle in the past few months though, I've been lifting a lot heavier and with more regularity.

Long story short, I'm back to logging again. I haven't been logging in maintenance. I'll see if logging knocks those pounds back off. Not going for a deficit again just yet, I'm waiting until I get to a less intense stage of my lifting plan. Also closer to the summer and swimsuit season, no coincidence there.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    I was running a lot before November last year. Im talking 5-7 miles 3 days a week. But then I pulled 2 teeth ( prepare for implants ) and was told not to do any hard exercise for the next couple of weeks. Well...those w weeks became permanent.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    So after 3 days of accurate logging and with a decent deficit, I weighed myself and I was 1 pound heavier than 3 days ago. That is what's so annoying.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    not an ounce. i eat exactly what i want on thanksgiving, xmas eve, xmas day and my birthday (a few days ago). scale might flip up for a day or so but never enough to notice and its gone just as quickly as it appeared (mostly water retention).

its when people turn a couple of days into extended periods of time that the scale goes up for longer.
    Kst76 wrote: »
    So after 3 days of accurate logging and with a decent deficit, I weighed myself and I was 1 pound heavier than 3 days ago. That is what's so annoying.

one pound is well within the normal fluctuation range. its not a concern. weigh less often and youll be less likely to be frustrated by normal fluctuations (especially if you are a woman with hormones and menstrual cycles)

be consistent and youll see a downward trend, which is whats important.
  • indigowildorchid
    indigowildorchid Posts: 10 Member
    I gained about 5 lbs! I'm working to lose again. I've found that consistency really is the most important thing - sticking to your plan everyday.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited January 2019
    Good luck.

I thought I gained weight but it was water weight. I was mostly upset when it got hard to get back on track with my original diet. But I’m back on track now.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Yep, had an awesome holiday and stacked on a bout 3 delicious, fun filled, guilt free kgs! So good!

I'm about 0.5kg off being back to where I was. Totally worth it.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,913 Member
    yep always do. Because i'm one of those people who don't have self control on holidays and eat like a total kittenhead.

Usually I gain about 2-3 kilos. Then I lose it again when I get back into a routine and proper meal prepping and counting calories.

I still eat well when on holidays, just vast quantities of good food is all! Especially when I go to my parent's place because I end up being the cook there so I go all out and make stuff I don't normally make at home. And proceed to eat it all.
  • I gained about 6-7 lbs over the holidays. I was definitely guilty of letting a few crazy days stretch into a fortnight, so it’s completely unnecessary and my own fault. I’ve been religiously logging my calories for 10 days now. Aside from a few treats at the weekend (which I always have allowed myself) I’ve actually gained a pound since my last weigh in! What has gone wrong? I stayed within my calorie allowance. Too many carbs maybe? Definitely haven’t done enough exercise either. So frustrated!
  • DrusiliaDD
    DrusiliaDD Posts: 71 Member
    I gained around 2.5lbs but I've lost it again now.
  • patrickaa5
    patrickaa5 Posts: 70 Member
    The 8 days from Christmas Eve until New Years day I gained 7 lbs. I'm not exactly sure how that happened other than I ate everything in sight. I did keep track of the calories during that period and it wasn't pretty (over 3,000 per day). But, I'm glad to report that I lost those 7 pounds and a few more since then. Back on track.
  • Tubbytucka
    Tubbytucka Posts: 83 Member
    Yeah, I spent 4 weeks back home in NZ and put on 4kg. I was expecting that though (was planning on 5kg) but I am back on the wagon now.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Just a few, but as of yesterday they were gone. You just have to keep on doing what you know works, and it will come off!
  • hawkmancody
    hawkmancody Posts: 63 Member
    I gained 20 lbs in two weeks in Hawaii. I wnt from one meal a day slowly loosing to 244 its been about 2 months and im down to about 230it was disappointing that i gained so much weight but i do not regret it. I just have to work a little harder(had thanksgiving in the middle of the trip ).
  • kelly_stevens81
    kelly_stevens81 Posts: 79 Member
    I gained 30 since my low point about a year ago. Just getting everything back on track now.
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,080 Member
    I gained about 3 pounds over the holidays and have lost most of it now. What’s more is I got a food scale for Christmas and I’ve started using it to weigh everything instead of measuring or eyeballing. My weight over the past few months hasn’t changed much and I’m hoping more accurate logging with the food scale will bump start my weight loss again. It’s just the thing I need to get me back on track. Hope I start seeing results. Good luck to everyone!