Net carbs

Options
Please tell me how I can see Nat carbs? I have upgraded to the pro trusting it would be available but I can’t seem to do find it anywhere! Thnx in advance

Replies

• Ichabodny
    Ichabodny Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have had the same trouble. I just upped my carbs to allow for net carbs and keep track. Premium does not seem to matter. The only complaint is there is no real low carb-keto allowance in the tracker no matter how you adjust it. If you find a good way, please post.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Net carbohydrate tracking is not a premium feature and MFP doesn't represent it as such.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    Here in the US, where MFP is based, manufacturers are not required to put net carbs on the label, and so this is not a feature of MFP.

In your diary you can swap Fiber for something you don't use, put Fiber next to Carbs, and subtract.

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    I have had the same trouble. I just upped my carbs to allow for net carbs and keep track. Premium does not seem to matter. The only complaint is there is no real low carb-keto allowance in the tracker no matter how you adjust it. If you find a good way, please post.

You can set your carbs to any percentage you like here: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/my_goals
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Ktd33 wrote: »
    Please tell me how I can see Nat carbs? I have upgraded to the pro trusting it would be available but I can’t seem to do find it anywhere! Thnx in advance

If you are using all US entries, like the USDA ones for whole foods and US package information, then you would show fiber and subtract fiber from carbs.

However, I see you are in England, so if you do that you will likely undercount your carbs. That is because any package information you have is already net carbs (fiber is not included in the carb count in the UK or in Europe more generally). I recommend using your package information and either finding or creating net carb entries for whole foods. (There are many in the database labelled as such, but you'd want to double check).