Frustrated and stuck

Options
New Years resalution right! Started of great , dropped 9 lbs quite quickly and was very happy. Now it’s stuck again. I’m a female who is not new to dieting. Start weight was 232 ow at 223. I’m flooliwing paleo which worked very well in the past for me when was at my lowest of 165. I need help .... I’m not giving up I don’t want to me an amber Lynn ried.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    New Years resalution right! Started of great , dropped 9 lbs quite quickly and was very happy. Now it’s stuck again. I’m a female who is not new to dieting. Start weight was 232 ow at 223. I’m flooliwing paleo which worked very well in the past for me when was at my lowest of 165. I need help .... I’m not giving up I don’t want to me an amber Lynn ried.

weight loss isn't linear, don't expect to lose every week.

be more patient.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Losing 9 lbs in 2 weeks is plenty fast enough. Be patient and expect that rate of loss to slow down to something more like 1-2 lbs per week on average. That means some weeks you might lose .5 lbs, some you might lose 3, some you might gain a half pound. The long term (meaning weeks and weeks and months) downward trend is what is important.
  • bishopjulia
    bishopjulia Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I get frustrated with my body, in the past I would drop , level out , drop , level and so on. Yes at the same time I have to be patient. I started off with xygular (two shakes a day) plus a protein and veg for dinner and now am eating Paleo. I know diet is 80% of Weight loss.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I get frustrated with my body, in the past I would drop , level out , drop , level and so on. Yes at the same time I have to be patient. I started off with xygular (two shakes a day) plus a protein and veg for dinner and now am eating Paleo. I know diet is 80% of Weight loss.

diet (a calorie deficit) is 100% weight loss.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    First off you have lost 9 lbs in 2 weeks! That's too fast for healthy fat loss but the fact is probably some of that loss is water. It's normal for people to drop some water weight in the beginning. What often happens is that the body does that then when the water comes back on (unless you were retaining too much) the fat loss is masked. So 1st off you probably didn't lose 9 lbs of fat but when it seems stalled it is likely your body readjusting and you may still be losing fat but gaining back some water you lost. Patience is the key and in time it should balance out.
  • bishopjulia
    bishopjulia Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I was quite bloated before the new year. I noticed that the bloating has gone away. I have an omron scale the does the full body comp and fat gas only gone down 1%, I get discouraged easily lol. Just have to keep going.