Kind of newbie, friends needed!

Options
Hi there,

I started with MFP a few months back but unfortunately work became silly busy and my focus took a nose dive.

BUT with 12 weeks until my fab holiday in Cuba, and the dreaded bikini to fit into, I'm back and getting into this properly. I want to lose around a stone, but hope to shift at least half of that in the next 12 weeks and get a lot more toned.

Seem to carry a lot of weight around my thighs which I hope to blast (training for the marathon didn't seem to work at all, so definately need to focus on food a lot more).

Anyone up for a new friend? I'm in the UK but be keen to hear from anyone to help motivate each other!

Angela x

Replies

• bunny888
    bunny888 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm from the UK too. Feel free to add me. Best of luck with with getting the results you want for your holiday in Cuba. Sounds fantastic x
  • melanie3103
    melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I too have just joine MFP... and I TOO am off to Cuba at the end of November.

When and where are you going ? We are off to Havana for 3 days and then Varadero. We go the last week in November. Can't wait... have wanted to go for years.

Ideally want to lose 2 stone, but it's only 13 weeks I believe! Eek!

How much weight are you trying to lose ? Do you have a target/aim ?

I'm signed up for a 10k run in November to help motivate me, that I might have to walk mostly - but we'll see. A marathon eh ? Good for you.. did you complete it ? When was it ? Well done you.

Mel xx
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm fairly new and in the UK - feel free to add me :)
  • Piglet_26
    Piglet_26 Posts: 104
    Options
    Hey there you can add me as a friend if you like :)

As for losing half a stone......you'll have no problems.......i've lost 9lb in 4 weeks and to me that has been pretty struggle free and even included a fair few slip ups and hardly any exercise lol. Logging my food has become a bit of an obsession, but in a good way :)
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    Haha neighbor...from Ireland here. Good luck on your journey!! :) you can totally do this!!
  • shelltree
    shelltree Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I'm in Australia but would love some friends to keep me motivated! :) good luck with everything!
  • princessjaffacakes
    Options
    Awww thanks everyone, just the motivation boost I need!
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome feel free to add me. My diary is open and I have lots of support and motivation to offer.
  • Coffeeandkisses
    Options
    I'm sure you'll be able to do it. Cuba sounds like amazing motivation. I'm going to Rhodes next year which gave me the push to start - bikinis are scary things! :smile:

But feel free to add me. I'm from the UK too, I've been on here for nearly 2 weeks I think. Good luck!