Keto Friends

I am starting keto and would love some friends to go on the journey with. I am 5'8 197lbs with two girls. 2019 is my year to hit some fitness goals.

Replies

• Scorpio8402
    Scorpio8402 Posts: 554 Member
    I'm new to keto. Started before Christmas and lost 8 pounds. Fell off the keto wagon and trying to get back on. I'll add you. Anyone else can feel free to add me too!
  • katlyndato13
    katlyndato13 Posts: 5 Member
    I’m just starting on Keto aswell, just 3 days in. I started on ww and decided to do them both. A lady on their suggested this app to help calculate my macros. I have 4 children from 11-3 months old and need to drop about 40 pounds! We can do this!
  • ekaehn
    ekaehn Posts: 1 Member
    I am the same height as you bselke83. Two kids as well. I've been keto since Nov. 12. 20 lbs gone!! Keep doing it!!
  • Seanan2387
    Seanan2387 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi everyone, I’m also currently on the Keto journey. Finding it a little tough at the moment 2 weeks in. I’m very bloated and tired! Any advice? Thank you x
  • drdales
    drdales Posts: 6 Member
    Hi Everyone, I am new to Keto as well. In week one. My thoughts on the comments here is if you feel bloated drink a glass of hot salt water in the morning to help with moving things. Also my research says supplementing electrolytes and magnesium is critical on Keto. Omega 3 supplementation is recommended as well. Omega 6's are in everything else. Once a week have a cheat meal. This will help recharge your leptin. This in turn gives your thyroid the building blocks it needs to keep your metabolism up. Otherwise your metabolism may slow to the point of your calorie deficit making you plateau. A good calorie counter should give you a recommended caloric intake. Set a deficit of 20% or so and use MFP to track your macros to achieve that caloric intake. Hope this helps.
  • drdales
    drdales Posts: 6 Member
    Throw you old white salt away and use Himalayan pink salt. It has like 90 minerals and compounds in it. This helps with electrolytes.
  • MeccaLoves2Sleep
    MeccaLoves2Sleep Posts: 43 Member
    Hi all! Why when I input my meals so I end up with a 100+ carbs when I am strictly following Keto- eggs and bacon, lettuce with chicken broccoli avocado, and alfredo brocoli chicken bake for dinner. I honestly don't see how I can cut anything else. 20 carbs or less, right!?