The Stay at home parent/spouse thread

Options
TheFitHooker
TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
I haven't seen one, so, here we go. I'm not a SAHM because I wanna be, I have no choice right now. Hopefully, that will change soon. Figured it would be nice to meet others.

Replies

• Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I have a stay at home son, does that count. 😂
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    I have an autistic child, she is 8, but I'm constantly on the phone with the school and we're a 1 car family, the truck we have I am not supposed to drive. Which I haven't since we got it, our truck broke down and we're borrowing my dad's truck, we should have our own this year. I do have side businesses where I do make extra cash from home, I just never get to leave the house lol. It's not that my dad doesn't trust me, it might be I don't know. I'm not a bad driver, I've only had 1 accident and I was a teenager lol. I think it is because of how big it is and I've never driven a big truck before.
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but anyone who can stay home and raise their own kid instead of going out there to earn their keep in the ruthless world of wage earning probably has it pretty darn good.
  • newmeadow
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I don't know, but anyone who can stay home and raise their own kid instead of going out there to earn their keep in the ruthless world of wage earning probably has it pretty darn good.

HA! I used to think so too, but when you haven't left the house since Christmas Eve with no way out, it gets pretty old and tiresome. My husband works a damn good job, he comes home and during the week, he's ready to crash almost as soon as he gets home. He comes in, everything is done, dinner is ready, he gets his bath, eats, and goes to bed. I literally have no adult interaction until Friday night. Which is just my husband and me. Saturday's we usually have a family night with the kids. From 6:30am until 4pm I'm by myself. Get's pretty lonely I guess. I miss bartending. Sure, it's nice to work and make my own hours from home, but I kinda miss the chaos of people.

Seriously, MFP is a good hobby then. I'm reclusive by choice as I prefer my own company and the coziness of my little apartment.

It's work---->home for me but if it could be all home I'd prefer that.

I like interacting here. Hope you do too.
  • TheFitHooker
    Options

HA! I used to think so too, but when you haven't left the house since Christmas Eve with no way out, it gets pretty old and tiresome. My husband works a damn good job, he comes home and during the week, he's ready to crash almost as soon as he gets home. He comes in, everything is done, dinner is ready, he gets his bath, eats, and goes to bed. I literally have no adult interaction until Friday night. Which is just my husband and me. Saturday's we usually have a family night with the kids. From 6:30am until 4pm I'm by myself. Get's pretty lonely I guess. I miss bartending. Sure, it's nice to work and make my own hours from home, but I kinda miss the chaos of people.

Seriously, MFP is a good hobby then. I'm reclusive by choice as I prefer my own company and the coziness of my little apartment.

Sure, I've been a member since 2009 this account is 2011.
  • newmeadow
    Options

Sure, I've been a member since 2009 this account is 2011.

Oh you're not new. I vaguely remember your username from a few years ago I think. Anything with the word hooker in it usually gets my attention.
  • SirMxyzptlk
    SirMxyzptlk Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    tams_89 wrote: »
    Hi I am a SAHM. I have 3 children and never went back to work after my 3rd due to child care costs, it's hard work and even more so now that I'm a single Mom. I take my little one to groups, study at college one day, go to the gym and do voluntary work when I can. I am waiting till my youngest starts school to go back to work.

Keep plugging away.
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    DickVernon wrote: »
    I haven't seen one, so, here we go. I'm not a SAHM because I wanna be, I have no choice right now. Hopefully, that will change soon. Figured it would be nice to meet others.

Are you embarrassed about being a SAHM? Sounds like you are.

Not at all, I just don't like being a SAHM, I am a busy body, since I lost my weight I feel like if I don't move I will gain it back. I was a SAHM ever since I had my first born, after I had my last born, I lost weight, got a job, loved working out of the house, things happened to make it so I can't work out of the house right now. I just miss the outside world, I guess? Embarrassed, not at all, the job of a SAHM is neverending. It's a thankless job, I highly respect anyone who does it, I just miss having friends outside of my PC lol.
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    I remember the last SAHM thread. It went real bad

Sad, you'd think a forum like this, there would be positive outlooks, trying to build each other up, I mean, we're all here to either lose weight or get fit, those are 2 positive things. Shouldn't be cutting each other down.
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    I remember the last SAHM thread. It went real bad

Sad, you'd think a forum like this, there would be positive outlooks, trying to build each other up, I mean, we're all here to either lose weight or get fit, those are 2 positive things. Shouldn't be cutting each other down.

People and their opinions, man. It got ugly.

Well, this day and time, opinions are like orgasms, everyone has them, but only "Mine" (In General) matters. LOL
  • TheFitHooker
    Options

Not at all, I just don't like being a SAHM, I am a busy body, since I lost my weight I feel like if I don't move I will gain it back. I was a SAHM ever since I had my first born, after I had my last born, I lost weight, got a job, loved working out of the house, things happened to make it so I can't work out of the house right now. I just miss the outside world, I guess? Embarrassed, not at all, the job of a SAHM is neverending. It's a thankless job, I highly respect anyone who does it, I just miss having friends outside of my PC lol.

Oh.

Junior mint?

I guess I am not understanding what you're implying or saying here?
  • TheFitHooker
    Options

Oh.

Junior mint?

I guess I am not understanding what you're implying or saying here?

Who's gonna turn down a Junior Mint? It's chocolate, it's peppermint; it's delicious!

It's very refreshing!

Oh, the chocolate coated candy? LOL, yeah, I would probably take it because my will power sucks right now. I'm working on it, but sure! LOL
  • diets_and_daiquiris
    diets_and_daiquiris Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of a SAHM I have 2 kids, both school age. I do have my own business that I run from home but it's definitely hard being in the house on your own all the time.
    I've started trying to do more of my work in the evenings so I can go out and do the odd thing during the day just for sanity!
  • TheFitHooker
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I'm sort of a SAHM I have 2 kids, both school age. I do have my own business that I run from home but it's definitely hard being in the house on your own all the time.
    I've started trying to do more of my work in the evenings so I can go out and do the odd thing during the day just for sanity!

I could totally do my work at night and whatever during the day, I don't have a car so I usually do the housework during the day and play on here or FB, do my workout and add my food to the database. I do my work at night when everyone is in bed. When I have work to do. I take crochet orders and fill those. I also am a photographer but on a break from that right now due to the no car situation.