Ladies 5'4'....help me get out of the 150s!

Options
Ladies......for those of you who have broken the 150s.....how did you do it? Calories per day and exercise per day....Im getting so fed up bouncing up and down and reeeeeeeeeeallly want to get into the 140s!!!

I fought so hard to get 151 and find myself back at 155. So hard!

Replies

• ilaughlikelmo
    Options
    :smile: i know how you feel i keep bouncing also but i just try my hardest to stay strong
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Bumping this one! I'm in the same boat!
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I am feeling ya! the only thing I can say is what I did to get out of the 160's.

I rearranged my daily calories and carbs so that my evening meal was the lightest of the day.

Several days I had a home made smoothie for supper. I would use 1 cup Almond Breeze vanilla no sugar added Almond milk and a cup of frozen no sugar added fruit ..2 cups of crushed ice and use my stick blender. It's a huge portion of fruity delish. It filled me up and kept those evening calories/carbs low.

I'm doing this at least 4/7 days this week starting today to see if I can bust into the 140's myself. I'll come back next Monday and tell you how it worked. My signature shows me at 152 but I have fluctuated back up to 155-156 the last few days.

Good luck.
  • Trellm
    Trellm Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am battling the same thing. I stuck between low 150s to high 140s but I am determined to loss the weight and keep it off it is a challenge.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    bump i'm 5'4'....help me get out of the 160's
  • rcpayton
    rcpayton Posts: 90
    Options
    You are not alone!! Im right there with you....5'3 and at 151 lbs finally today after sitting at 154 (+/- 2 lbs) for a few weeks. Just be sure to keep a small, if any, calorie deficit. When you are getting really close to your goal weight it is even more important because it is too easy to get under 1200 calories....starvation mode! I had been keeping my calories right at 1200 and eating my exercise calories but not seeing the scale go down. I just upped my calories just a little and the scale is my friend again! :) Keep going and you WILL see the 140's and beyond! Hang in there!
  • mlbroad1
    mlbroad1 Posts: 14
    Options
    I AM THE SAME WAY JUST BOUNCING KEEP TELLING MYSELF TO START MOVING MORE HARD WORK BUT IN THE END IT WILL PAY OFF
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Me too. 5'4 3/4" But I want to leave the 170s.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Making your diary public will help. 80% is what you are putting into your body. Then you have to kick your workout up a notch. Do something different - intense intervals, take a class, eat clean. Cut out that vice you may have and see if that will shake things up.
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    So we should make a challenge. It's Monday. We should all do really well at making that calorie deficit this week but not undereating or change up somethign we haven't been doing and check back next Monday and post how it worked.

Come on. I'm in.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    It's all about healthy eating, portion control and staying within your goals. I bought a food scale and use it all the time. I amost never eat fast and processed foods. I eat as close to whole as I can. I eat low carb, low cal, low fat breads. Thoma's sahara mini pitas, Pepperidge farms light style breads and low carb tortillas. Lots of veggies, right portions of fruits, Egg whites, Low fat meats and fish are key. Look for lower cal. alternatives for the foods you love so you can still have them. Low fat Popcorn is a great salty crunch. Grapes, Low fat yogurt, pudding, Low cal fudge pops or popsicles for something sweet without killing your day. Check online for tips and healthy low cal recipes. It about eating the right foods so you can have a lot of them and not feel deprived.
    Log on everyday and stay within your goals. I log food before I eat it so I know if it will fit into my day. If it doesn't you will know what changes you need to make before you eat it. Don't ever say Screw it! It is just an excuse to give up.

5'4" and 120lbs now and holding for almost 7 months
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 154 pounds, it's been creeping up hence why I've joined here. My plan is to boost the exercise and get regular execise in 3 times a week at least. We will see how that goes lol.
  • sheils8
    sheils8 Posts: 57
    Options
    okay i will make my food diary public....i usually eat pretty well, but did overload on junk this weekend when i was feeling down.....but for the most part i kept it under....and it was unusual for me to snack like that too....but maybe im doing it more often than i realize.
    i usually exercise about 5 or 6 times a week.....doing jillian videos and running.....
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    If I were to say anything, I'd say it would be best to check your circuit training burns (you may be overestimating them and eating back too many calories). If those are Jillian DVDs - it does definitely depend on your fitness level - but on the 30 Day Shred I burn between 100 and 220 calories (now nearer the lower end, but 220 when I started).

Make sure you're deducting the energy you'd usually burn if you spent the same amount of time resting. For example, if my maintenance calories are 1800, my body burns 1.25 calories per minute. If I spend 30 minutes running and burn 350 calories, I will deduct 30 * 1.25 calories = 37.5 calories from the burn, leaving me with 312.5 calories burned in total.

This will hopefully stop you overestimating your burns. Other than that I don't see any problems... whatever you do, don't lower your calories any more. 1400 is good.
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    Bump!
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    I got out of it by eating 1200-1500 calorie diet and exersizing 4-5 times per week!!! :) never going back!!
  • greatdaneaddict
    greatdaneaddict Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Also stuck between 150-152. Today I am going to bump my calories from 1200 to 1500. Will report back next week!
  • Yori1
    Yori1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Bump
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I took two weeks off. By taking off, I mean I didn't track calories for a couple of weeks, ate a little more (not like out of control, double-fisting french fries and snorting milkshakes) than I would normally and relaxed. It seems like every time I get obsessive, I get stuck. I also tend to always eat the same things over and over when I'm steadily loosing. I'm back to it and back to loosing now. Before when I got stuck, a good "cheat meal" would get me going as well. This time I think I just needed a mini-vacation.
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I recently broke the 150 barrier and crossed into 140s-land... but, there wasn't really anything I did differently than when I crossed into the 160s or 150s! :)

Basically, I try to eat around 1430 net calories (MFP says this should give me a loss of 0.7 pounds per week). I end up doing a mostly-unintentional version of calorie cycling wherein my weekends are often over my net calories by 200-300 per day, and my weekdays are sometimes under by 50-150 per day (so it usually evens out in the end).

I've been doing c25k two or three days each week (I'm on week 7, day 1 now), and strength training following the New Rules of Lifting for Women (nearing the end of Stage 1) about two days each week.

Other than that...I walk to/from work (~40 mins total each day) and try to minimize eating out, though that doesn't always work. I make sure to drink my beer and eat my chocolate, but in smaller quantities than I used to. :)