What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    What happened to my son’s knife set? It’s got to be around here somewhere.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I often wonder when I'm texting if some tech savvy friend of mine has hijacked the camera on my phone and can see me
    (note to self, don't furrow brow, wear clothes)
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I often wonder when I'm texting if some tech savvy friend of mine has hijacked the camera on my phone and can see me

This is now on my mind lol. I do have my laptop camera covered
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    Tankiscool wrote: »

This is now on my mind lol. I do have my laptop camera covered

I’m the same. I’ll sometimes place my thumb over the camera just in case. And I have one of those slide door things over the camera on my computer.

I've got the camera covered on my computer too, since learning Zuckerberg does it (obviously I'm interesting enough for someone to want to spy on too!)

Clever, the thumb on the cell cam! I love it!

....I wonder about the speakers too...can people hear me talking to myself?
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    I still don’t think this job is right for me
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    I still don’t think this job is right for me

What’s going on?

Just it’s hard to take care of people and just have them pass.

I couldn't do it with people like you do. I do it with animals, but animals don't understand mortality. Dealing with the owners grief, children specifically kills me.

You are a special personality to do your job. Your compassion and "joie de vive" likely brighten your patients days more than you know. And know that you are very much appreciated by the families of the loved ones.

Compassion fatigue happens, and sometimes you're just "done", the finality of the end of the life cycle is hard to have see and have to anticipate, daily.

Hugs
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    According to “Curious George” “sea captains don’t cry, they make repairs” but according to “20000 leagues under the sea” Captain Nemo(a sea captain) cried a whole lot so.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    According to “Curious George” “sea captains don’t cry, they make repairs” but according to “20000 leagues under the sea” Captain Nemo(a sea captain) cried a whole lot so.

All I know is Ahab was an angsty PITA

He just wanted that damn whale man, gotta get that blubber
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    Is acceptance the essence of happiness?
    We all covet something we don't have, another person's job, wife, husband, money, personality, sense of style, car, whatever and see that as being "better" than where we are currently at in life. Some want to be either rich or famous. The funny thing is when those become famous they try to hide from the spotlight and be "normal" those that become rich surround themselves with things they covetted when they where poor or couldn't afford them and often yet still not happy. Is the pursuit of happiness ultimately just accepting what we already have and where we are in life? Or does that take away the ambition as what as perceived as the "American Dream"? Where ambition to improve oneself ultimately leads to advancement in life?

These 3 quotes from Abraham Lincoln, made me think of your post. Being contented and happy with what we've got, whilst pursuing what we want is the derivative of happiness. If we're constantly setting happiness benchmarks, as in I will be happy when I ......., then you still will not be happy after that benchmark is achieved, right?

* The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.

*There are two ways of being happy: We may either diminish our wants or augment our means- either will do- the result in the same; and it is for each man to decide for himself, and do that which happens to be the easiest. If you are idle or sick or poor, however hard it may be to diminish your wants, it will be harder to augment your means. If you are active and prosperous or young and in good health, it may be easier for you to augment your means than to diminish your wants. But if you are wise, you will do both at the same time, young or old, rich or poor, sick or well; and if you are very wise you will do both in such a way as to augment the general happiness of society.

*You will be as happy as you make up your mind to be.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    I am coming back to my senses...trying to regain equilibrium after some very difficult months mentally, spiritually.

Trying not to overdo it on any level.

I went below zero without going dead, and while coming through I really just want to say hello and happy new year.

Best wishes to MFP people.

Looking forward to a year of absence from social media for the most part and inner rebirth.

https://youtu.be/to1xT93IlUI

Yay for you:)
  • SirMxyzptlk
    SirMxyzptlk Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I am coming back to my senses...trying to regain equilibrium after some very difficult months mentally, spiritually.

Trying not to overdo it on any level.

I went below zero without going dead, and while coming through I really just want to say hello and happy new year.

Best wishes to MFP people.

Looking forward to a year of absence from social media for the most part and inner rebirth.

https://youtu.be/to1xT93IlUI

I send you out with the best.

The 78th Frasier...Gandy, Grey, and Livingstone...

This was actually Bill's farewell, as well. Cheers.

https://youtu.be/mIr67PGBWVM
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    when we meet people who aren't our frequency, then maybe we meet the abyss

ij208u4b3rdc.gif