Intermittent Fasting

Options
13»

Replies

• Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    As one of those who try to espouse clear thinking on things, and one of those who most likely comes off as judgmental (both in this thread and others), I'll tell you this: that is not the intent.

I'm a big believer in using IF as a tool because it helps me control my energy input.

But, it's extremely (I mean really extremely) important that people understand cause and effect. As I've shouted from the rooftops many times: you cannot violate the laws of nature. You don't create energy - you take in fuel (input) and you burn it (output) or store it. Period. IF doesn't change any of that. It is your energy balance that determines how much gets stored or how much stored energy is used. To the extent that IF helps you control that, that is what it gets credit for.

The problem is that there is a huge industry out there preying on people who are uninformed. Making huge money on shortcuts and secrets that are not the cause of the desired effect. IF does not cause fat loss. Keto does not cause fat loss. None of the named diets cause fat loss. You can gain weight on all of them. A calorie deficit is the only thing that does. That is the cause and nothing else.

None of the posts in here are in any way judgmental toward any person. I don't judge anyone who wants to use IF, but if someone makes claims that it does what it doesn't, I'll call it out.

QFT

Pardon my ignorance, but QFT means what?
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include these items:
    1. Play Nice
    I WILL:
    • I will be respectful and understand that everyone is different. Some members are new to this, so be kind to the newbies.
    • I will remember the human on the other side of the screen.
    • I will share my opinions while respecting others' thoughts and feelings as well.
    • I will be ready to hear and accept other opinions that I might not always agree with.
    • I will ignore users.

I WON’T:
    • I won’t be a jerk.
    • I will not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. I can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but I cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the member’s spelling or command of written English, belittling a member for posting a duplicate discussion, or attacking a member for posting in an older discussion. (ie. It’s lose not loose, strong first post, didn’t you already post this today, etc.) Not every member has the same level of education, so I’ll refrain from criticizing a member for not framing their content in a manner befitting a university-level science paper.
    • I won’t pick apart how something is said; I will focus on the meaning/message.

AND
    3. No Trolling
    I WILL:
    • I will stay on-topic in an existing discussion.
    • I will report trolls instead of engaging them.
    • I will contribute politely and constructively to a discussion, or move on without posting.
    • I will ignore users.

I WON’T:
    • I won’t troll.
    • I won’t flamebait.
    • I won’t call someone out.
    • I won’t police other members.
    • I won’t feed the trolls.
    • I won’t take a discussion off-topic, it’s considered hi-jacking.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Sugar
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.