2 pounds to goal

2»

Replies

• Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Congratulations on maintaining so far. That definitely sounds like the most difficult part. Unfortunately I don't have any advice as I still have about 30 pounds to go myself.

It sounds like you're on the right track with setting other fitness goals for yourself to keep you focused and aware of your body. Best wishes for continued success as you work through this transition.
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,306 Member
    Wow! 8 years later and you've kept almost all the weight off. That's AMAZING. I'm still a long way from maintenance, but I know I'll be tracking for life if I'm going to lose all the weight and then keep it off.
  • RunStart34
    RunStart34 Posts: 157 Member
    Wow. I just read your story and glad you were able to keep the weight off. I have been on maintenance for about a year but i always have to check myself closely since i gain easily. Did you weight your self often or just base on how the clothes felt?
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Kudos to you youn man and thanufor sharing. Enjoy your new you and your youth.
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Thanks for the update. I am the same height as you and the same age as you were in your original posts. If I can lose and keep it off like you have I will be delighted!
  • cowboy48
    cowboy48 Posts: 46 Member
    Thanks everyone. Xhuerax- for the first 5 years or so I checked my weight often- especially the first year for sure-lol. In the last couple of years I haven't really been on the scale at all. I have been doing this weight loss - gain thing for a long time so I know when I have put a few pounds on. I go mainly on how I look, feel and how my clothes fit for sure.

One thing I do know is if I didn't lose the weight when I did- I would not feel as good as I do now. I shudder to think of my life if I was 57 and weighed close to 400 pounds. I know if I had not taken the steps I did that I would have just kept gaining. Funny how a midlife crisis at 50 turned it all around for me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!