Surprisingly low cals? What foods surprised you?

124»

Replies

• kaylanizmom
    kaylanizmom Posts: 7 Member
    🍅
  • admaarie
    admaarie Posts: 4,297 Member
    I think another one that surprised me was fish and chicken (even chicken thighs). Of course a lot of it comes down to how you prepare it, and I guess bc in the past I’d only eat them fried so I automatically assumed they were higher.

Oatmeal as well, especially for the amount you get.

Eggs/egg whites. 130g for around 60ish calories (of egg whites) or two whole eggs for 140 cals.
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Pickles and olives. Also the sugar free popsicles I have been pretty much living off of for the last month. Ugh, SO GOOD.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited January 2019
    crazyravr wrote: »
    anl90 wrote: »
    Pickles and olives. Also the sugar free popsicles I have been pretty much living off of for the last month. Ugh, SO GOOD.

Pickles yes. Olives? Nope.

Yup... well black olives are not too bad... still relatively calorie dense.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    IsETHome wrote: »
    Bacon and potatoes.
    Do you mean like bacon bits?

Nope. Actual bacon.
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    I bought a little travel scale that I carry in my purse. It works great but I feel a bit funny using it in restaurants sometimes. 😊
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    hamelle2 wrote: »
    I bought a little travel scale that I carry in my purse. It works great but I feel a bit funny using it in restaurants sometimes. 😊

Cool, what's the brand.
  • AnilAnhirode
    AnilAnhirode Posts: 20 Member
    I have the ultimate food.

I think it was called tofu noodles, often referred to as the 'miracle noodle'.

It has nothing... The nutritional label is all zeros.

It's tasted horrible, even when you add a nice stir fry to it. Makes you wonder what the hell your eating.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited January 2019
    hamelle2 wrote: »

Why? Lol it's your life. Screw em If they get offended! You are paying for their services.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    There is already a few threads on this.

Yeah and???
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I made two soups in the last week that have turned out to be great bang for their buck. One is a cabbage roll kinda thing with ground beef, fire roasted canned tomatoes and onions and stuff. The other is a spicy tomato soup with lentils. I can have giant bowls of them for 300-ish cals so room for some toast or something on the side and still a fairly low cal meal that does the job.
    53703 Posts: 9 Member
    Bing and Rainier cherries. Most. decadent. food. ever, and just 90 calories for 140g. So when I eat 'em by the pound, as I do, I'm downing under 300 calories. Also putting a serious dent in my carb budget for the day, not to mention my grocery budget. Totally worth it on both counts.